Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2003 6:05:27 AM EDT
How is the removal of the grip achieved?  I bought a Tango Down Battlegrip that I would like to put on but the old grip is getting in my way.

The instructions that came with the Battlegrip said that I would need a flat-head screwdriver to remove the old grip.  But for some reason, my grip does not seem to be attached with a flat-head screw.  When I look down the inside of the grip I see what appears to be an allen wrench-type screw.  But I am not certain that that is what it is.

Any info you guys could provide me with would be extremely helpful.  Thanks!

P.S.  The grip is the standard RRA grip that I got with my RRA lower, not the Houge ones.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:10:52 AM EDT
[#1]
There seem to be 2 different methods of attaching the grips.One is a flathead screw and the other is an allen screw.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:30:43 AM EDT
[#2]
It should take a 3/16" allen wrench
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:51:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Go to a decent hardward store and get the long-arm wrenches.  A standard allen wrench isn't long enough to reach.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#4]
AKsRule is correct, 3/16" allen... also take care not to lose the safety detent and spring or crush the spring when you put the new grip in place...
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Even better goto a CSK and get the long hadnle T handle allen wrench set. I have these for my R.C cars and they do a great job for leverage and not stripping the bolt head out.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top