Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/1/2003 6:05:27 AM EDT
How is the removal of the grip achieved? I bought a Tango Down Battlegrip that I would like to put on but the old grip is getting in my way.

The instructions that came with the Battlegrip said that I would need a flat-head screwdriver to remove the old grip. But for some reason, my grip does not seem to be attached with a flat-head screw. When I look down the inside of the grip I see what appears to be an allen wrench-type screw. But I am not certain that that is what it is.

Any info you guys could provide me with would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

P.S. The grip is the standard RRA grip that I got with my RRA lower, not the Houge ones.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:10:52 AM EDT
There seem to be 2 different methods of attaching the grips.One is a flathead screw and the other is an allen screw.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:30:43 AM EDT
It should take a 3/16" allen wrench
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:51:23 AM EDT
Go to a decent hardward store and get the long-arm wrenches. A standard allen wrench isn't long enough to reach.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:52:37 AM EDT
AKsRule is correct, 3/16" allen... also take care not to lose the safety detent and spring or crush the spring when you put the new grip in place...
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 12:01:13 PM EDT
Even better goto a CSK and get the long hadnle T handle allen wrench set. I have these for my R.C cars and they do a great job for leverage and not stripping the bolt head out.
Top Top