Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2005 6:54:40 PM EDT
I'm curious as to why no one on this board ever discusses, tests or use any of Remington's line of  .223 outside of the UMC stuff. I've always got good perfomance out of their ammo in different calibers. Any one ever use their 55 gr. PSP , 55 GR. Power-lokt hp or 62 gr. hollow point match. Any of it good for personal defence.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:48:55 AM EDT
[#1]
The 55 gr HP and SP is a little light for defensive use.....not quite enough penetration to meet the FBI's specs, so it doesn't meet mine either.

The 62 gr match has been very accurate in the weapons I've fired it in, but I can't comment about it's terminal performance.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Remington ammo is good stuff. Shoot it with confidence.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have shot it out of my .223 bolt gun.  It works well on groundhogs.  Usually makes a mess.  I don't think I would want to be shot with one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I used it in this old beat up Savage i bought and it worked very well.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top