Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/18/2010 1:59:18 PM EDT
A guy just brought his to work.  It was suprisingly light, and I felt my wallet itching at it's $1200 price.  What's the word on these?  He's only shot 5 rounds, with no sights just for function.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 2:19:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a DPMS LR308 with camouflage decal on it.

It takes 20 round PMags and C Product mags.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 3:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive got a Remington R25 chambered in a 243.  I have since replaced the stock with a Magpul PRS added a accushot monopod, caldwell bipod, bushnell elite scope, Pmags, caa 16 pistol grip with shooting stand, at 100 yards 5 shot groups easy .5 moa.  last weekend at the range wind was bumping around 10mph and still shot dead nuts.  I have been very impressed with the rifle.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I do not have a R-25, but I have fondled one. Good feeling gun, like you stated, lighter than I expected, and the price is right. I would have to have it in 7mm-08.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I feel a little ripped off, I paid close to 1500 for mine a year ago.  It's all good, with 600 rounds down the pipe, it's been flawless..  The only change I'm planning on is barrel threading to try out a muzzle brake(never owned a rifle with one).  My only complaint is a fragile finish, the mossy oak portion...  Other then that, I'd buy another one if mine was stolen.
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 6:27:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought mine new off the EE for $1000 shipped.
It's chambered in 7mm-08.I really like the rifle, it's lite and handy(for what it is) I made a few "improvements" by
adding a KAC trigger,URX rail, MagPul furniture and a Troy gas block. It's extremely accurate, but has a little "kick" due to the
lite weight barrel.

Link Posted: 5/19/2010 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, the light barrel is kinda why I like it!  It would make it easier to take up a mountain, and actually carry around when hunting with it.  Plus I would only be shooting it once or twice, no barrel heating issues should be had.
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#7]

MiIne's pretty nice even though I paid 1400 at Academy Sports. A Nikon Omega scope, PRI gas buster charging handle, Timney #4 AR 10 trigger, enidine hydraulic 308 buffer. Very nice rifle.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I've thought about these myself.  Are the triggers on these the standard heavy, gritty DPMS triggers or are they any better since they are stamped Remington?
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top