Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 11:04:10 AM EDT
ok im strongly thinking i want to do a pistol build. my question has to do with barrel length.
i like the look of a 7 1/2in barrel but would i be better off doing something longer like a 10 1/2 or 11 1/2? another nice part about going longer is being able to use a carbine gas system. after dealing with a finicky AK i really like my guns to go pop every time i pull the trigger.
or would i be ok doing a 7.5 with a krink flash hider?

thanks in advance for any input
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
cool thanks.
what i was thinking was a 7.5 from model 1 and get a free float and a pistol gas tube while im at it from them and then a CMT flat top upper and CMT standard Bolt/carrier assy

and also i have a stripped Rock rivers Lower that was transfered to me as a stripped lower and not as a rifle and i have a recept that says stripped lower and then the serial #, would i be ok useing that for my build or would i be better off ordering a Pistol Lower from a place like LCW?

thanks for input
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:53:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:35:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Good discussion, I am a thinkin' I'd go with the 10.5 or 11.5 just for the velocity boost. Would be good to have M193 fragmentation velocities out to at least 50 to 75 yards. The kitty cat barrel lengths seem like they would be a lot handier, but what kind of fragmentation range would we get in a 7.5 inch with M193? Or for that matter, what frag range for the 77 grain Sierra Matchkings? Otherwise would probably be better off planning on softpoints for the AR pistol, right?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:15:50 AM EDT
[#5]
cool thanks, ill order a marked pistol lower then. better safe than sorry.
fragmentation? i look at the pistol as nothing more than a way to waste ammo
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Parabellum, good point, what a fun way to waste ammo too.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#7]
So far my M1S "old style buffer tube" is running okay...but I'm running a 10 or 11" barrel....
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top