Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/24/2003 4:03:20 PM EDT
What do you think?  My other Optima is too dim to be any use, and I have this Reflex II gathering dust.  Cheekweld is non-existent and it gives the rifle a high profile, would like some opinions before I take it to the range and get my ass laughed out of there
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice Stock!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL, I won't dodge the question by making comments on the stock.
I'll do it by commenting on those rings. I'm guessing those are ARMS #22 hmmmm....Mediums?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:55:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I can dig it... My only input would be to try using the "Weaver base" from Trijicon (forget the part number), it uses hex screws, so its not quick detach, but it lowers the height quite a bit.

havoc
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:00:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Lol, I think it's too high and not a good use for the Reflex too.  I'll find another rifle to use the Reflex, this is what happens when you have more optics than rifles [:)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Why not put it up for sale on the EE? Turn it into cash you can use to offset the cost of a Doctor sight to put on top of that scope?

Never mind; I just noticed that the elevation turret would be too high.....oops.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Hm.  

Anyone know who makes that upper ring for Loopy Mark IV rings that has the short rail section for mounting the Simrad?  

Hm.

(gears grinding)
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:52:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hm.  

Anyone know who makes that upper ring for Loopy Mark IV rings that has the short rail section for mounting the Simrad?  

Hm.

(gears grinding)
View Quote

Call Simrad, they sell the rings.  I believe Southern Precision out of Florida is the US distributor for Simrad.  

[url]http://www.spa-simrad.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Probably a hundred bucks or so - for half a ring... :-)
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#10]
If you're interested I have the Weaver mount for the Reflex - it will lower it a bit.

I'd be willing to trade it (and some Ca$H) for your flattop mount.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:15:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why not put it up for sale on the EE? Turn it into cash you can use to offset the cost of a Doctor sight to put on top of that scope?

Never mind; I just noticed that the elevation turret would be too high.....oops.
View Quote

Z, I have some rifles I can use it with, I'm just firmly entrenched in the magnified optics (ACOGs, specifically), non-magnified scopes like Reflex and Aimpoint rarely get to see the light of day.  Maybe I'll put it on my FAL, that gets used about as often [thinking]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:52:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

QS: The ones we put on the MK11 Mod0's come from Badger Ordnance.

Simrad / SPA is kinda sketchy about selling stuff to anyone non-MIL, but I've heard of guys getting these from Badger without much headache.

YMMV,
havoc
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:23:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll check it out..

And since I just got detailed to SARTS, maybe I have a legit excuse!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top