Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/23/2002 11:53:25 AM EDT
I have an A-2 that has seen better days.

What should I use to refinish it, and has anyone else done thins and posted a how-to?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want it professionally redone, DPMS offers batch industrial black teflon refinishing of receivers for about $75 (if I recall correctly).
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 4:01:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a preban Colt A2 redone by Colt. It came back "new".
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#3]
like new, huh?

how much?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:02:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Mac's Shootin' Irons will finish a lower or upper with Tuff-Gun for $30 in two weeks or less. Complete rifles cost $145 for a complete finish job. Please email us or visit our web site for more info. Thanks and keep yer powder dry, Mac.
Mac's Shootin' Irons
Tuff-Gun finishes! The Name Says It All!
http://www.shootiniron.com
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#5]
[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=139752]Star Tactical[/url] on the EE!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:13:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you want it professionally redone, DPMS offers batch industrial black teflon refinishing of receivers for about $75 (if I recall correctly).
View Quote

BEWARE: You need to ask how long they will have your receiver. They wait until they get enough to do a batch. My first experience only took four weeks (excellent). My last receiver took six months (major bummer).

You can also get just a re-anodize job without Teflon for under $50. If it's good enough for Uncle Sugar, it's good enough for me!

BTW, they do an outstanding job. Just check on the time frame if you're in a hurry.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I recommend Mac's Shootin Iron for the finish.
He did an incredible job on a S&W 442 for me that gets carried a lot. A great finish at a great price!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top