Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2003 3:17:36 PM EDT
Originally posted under "Maintenance & Cleaning" but so far, no takers.

Just put my new generic (I think it is a RRA) M4 flat top upper on my pre-ban lower. Two different finishes (D*#% IT!)

The upper appears to be a very flat chalky type forged appearance. Looks more grey than the lower. The lower is a normal Colt black. Sorta of a flat black, but shineier (sp? - hell, is that even a word?) more shiny than the upper.

So, what is the best way/products to refinsh your receivers so that they both match?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had good luck with Norrell's, Brownells Teflon/Moly, and Gun kote.  The Teflon/Moly is the easiest to apply.  Normally I just degrease then acetone dip the parts let them heat up in the oven to about 150F and spray them and bake them.  Norrell's and Gun Kote require more prep, but both are nice products.  They require sand blasting and thorough degreasing.  The Teflon/Moly says it does, but is more forgiving.  For the best results Norrell's with good prep makes a beautiful finish.  For a quick easy newby finish that looks great use the Teflon/Moly.  FYI you can get the Norrell's in a preban Colt gray.

IDHunt
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I second the Norell's Moly resin. It is easy to apply, looks great, and is extremely durable. Two thumbs up!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with the above post....[:)]....Norells is the way to go!  tough as nails.  And great looking!  Black or gray!  Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Before you coat them, dry them both out with solvent.  Then coat them both in CLP and let them sit overnight.  Wipe them down and see how they look, you just might find they now match, or come real close to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top