Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 6/19/2003 1:18:45 PM EDT
Just wondering, anyone have this/ use this magazine holder on the AR15?? Was considering it over the cinch strap that ties 2 mags together. All my firearms trainign has been to get rid of a mag once its empty... ie, dump it. If I have a full one attached to it, I may be dumping this also. With the redi-mag, I can get rid of the ewmpty, and then reload from the redi-mag. Any thoughts or comments on this are appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:43:34 PM EDT
I had one and if I remember right when you hit the mag release both mags will fall so you have one hand on the spare and simply roll it into the magwell as the empty falls away. This does however keep you from using a beta c mag which is why I sold mine. I really see no advantage over mag clamps or duct tape for that matter.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:50:54 PM EDT
hello jenec, I am assuming that when you say dumping a mag, you mean leaving it on the ground. If your are just planning on dumping a mag during a 2or3 gun match, then you would be okay, but you might find yourself cleaning and searching for your mag often. However, if you are planning a way to provide a quick way to reload for self defence, then dumping a mag can cost you your life later when you run out of loaded mags. I have thought of buying the redi-mag. It does look like a good idea, but I would rather just use a pouch with some mag-puls on the end of my mags. Just my 2 cents. I guess you will need to decide what you can live with and cannot live with. Everyone has different ideas on tactics only you can decide what tactics that will work for your needs. Some might cost you your life others might not that is where professional training comes in. I too would like to here thoughts on how well it works. John Site Manager for [url]www.FL-AR15.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:20:31 AM EDT
Tricks like Redi-Mag fail in use. I've watched guys removing them from their rifles a couple of hours into fairly intensive training courses because they don't do the job under less than ideal conditions. -- Chuck
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:38:23 AM EDT
Redi-mags suck. The mag in the mag well falls out but you have to rip the mag in the redi-mag out then stick it in the mag well. When you have a redi-mag on the gun it's hard to hit the bolt catch. If they made one that release's both mags when you hit the mag release and you used a bolt catch extencion then it would be a good addition to an ar15.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:37:34 PM EDT
My redi mag did drop both mags if I remember correctly. It also had a bolt catch extension.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:08:39 PM EDT
Sounds like a pain. If your looking to link mags I would go with the magcinch or the mil. spec. mag couplers. I like both alot. The mag cinch will scar your mags finish less though and you don't have to remove them from the device to remove the floor plate for cleaning/maintenance. Both are very solid!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:27:40 PM EDT
Top Top