Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2005 3:47:25 PM EDT
Between the 2 models of the Redi-Mag, the A-2 Quick Attach model and the A-1 standard model, is either one of those sturdier against the receiver than the other?  I'm thinking about getting one and was leaning towards the Quick Attach model, but if the A1 is sturdier by virtue of being more permanently mounted, I think I'd go with that one.  After all, I don't think that once it's mounted, I'd have any reason to unmount it and remount it on any regular basis, and I'd like it to be as sturdy as possible.

Another question I have is that I notice in most of the pictures I see of Redi-Mags that they are greyish type color and not necessarily the black color of the AR lowers that they're mounted on.  Is this normal and is this the only way they come from the factory, or are my eyes deceiving me and they are actually black?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:08:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I own two Redi-Mags and they are great!  However your eyes are deceiving you but the color isn't gray its olive!  I just put some moly-resin on one of mine and it is now black.  I have the regular non-quick disconnecting model.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply JT.

Anybody have any experience using the 2 different models as I described above?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:24:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The only difference I saw or can remember was that the quick attach has a one piece rubber gasket that you slip over the magwell, then attach the Redi-Mag.  The other has a multi piece gasket that you have to position.  I can't remember if the attaching hardware was the same or not, but the gasket position was a PITA and I remember that the quick attach was sooooooo much better.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top