Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 1:04:56 PM EST
At a couple of places on the net I have seen what looked like anodized red handguards for the AR15. Can anyone point me to some dealers who carry these? I'm interested in both cylindrical ones as well as ones which a vertical grip could be mounted to.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:07:21 PM EST
Red? Never seen 'em. Green or black are my colors.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:16:16 PM EST
You can change the color or even put on a camo pattern using gun kote or duracoat. Some people even spray paint it with Krylon (arguably stupid).
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:24:11 PM EST
you can get the regular handguards in red but I'm not so sure about a railed one, I would imagine you would have to duracoat it red.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:31:44 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:19:11 PM EST
JP rifles is probably what you are thinking about.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:18:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/28/2006 5:19:55 PM EST by SinistralRifleman]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:08:36 AM EST
Here's a nice green that I like:

JP is the man!

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:44:43 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2006 8:45:16 AM EST by Spade]

Originally posted by CoffeeAdict19

Some people even spray paint it with Krylon (arguably stupid).

Why? There's a whole thread in Refinishing on rattlecan jobs. Some are very nice, especially if you don't want something forever permenant.

Originally Posted By uscbigdawg1:


Those wal-mart drawdowns are gettin' serious!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:55:42 AM EST
It has been my experience that Krylon does not hold up even a little while on AR furniture; oils and solvents degrade it very quickly.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:47:52 PM EST
It's spray paint. If it starts not looking "pretty" just hit it again. But then, it's a rifle not a coffee table. SHOOT IT!

Top Top