Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2013 7:19:12 PM EDT
Okay so I'm fairly new to ar's. I just bought a s&w m&p 15 sport and I want a red dot and a flash light for it.  I want to keep them combined under 250 dollars... I don't know much about optics so what are good red dots for under 150?  I prefer open rather than a tube but if a tube stands out than I'll get it.  Also how can I be sure the red dot will fit on my quad rail?  Are they universal?  My dad bought me a Simmons red dot that didn't fit and I don't want to make that mistake again!  Another thing is I like the flashlight mounts that mount right under where the front iron sight is.  What good lights would fit in that?  You don't have to answer all my questions and I apologize for asking so many but there all so many brands out there I thought I would ask people who know.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushnell TRS-25 Hirise red dot
Inforce WML light.

Done! Enjoy.

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 2:33:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Both of my local walmarts have the Bushnell TRS/rise combos in stock for $109.

Also check out Primary Arms for cheap red dots.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:35:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for the Bushnell TRS-25 either with UTG medium riser ($10 at midwayusa), absolute cowitness or the TRS-25 hirise with mount lower third cowitness.

OR

Primary Arms micro with mount. PA has several options.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:21:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a TRS on a AMD-65 that's been dropped and thrown around with no loss of zero. +1 to trs25.

I always used a streamlight polytac with a cheaper flashlight mount on my rifles.
So far a lot of good info to go with. Just keep both eyes open when shooting the TRS-25 and it's like a dot floating in mid  air
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top