Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2004 11:40:02 AM EDT
Has anyone in here have a red dot scope on A2 handle? Does it easy to aim? I have my red dot on my A2 handle, it's kinda high. but if i mount it on the handguard then the front sight would block the way.
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 12:26:54 PM EDT
You will need a high rise scope mount to be able to mount on your handguard....you can get a gooseneck mount to bring the scope down to where it will need to be....or you could just get a flat top upper receiver(like i am about to)and then you wouldnt have to worry about it....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:42:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:08:34 AM EDT
I too got an A2 and am struggling with the same thing.  I've tried to mount forward of the carry handle in co-witness type of set up, but did not like seeing my iron sights through my red dot.  Because of this it's back on top of the carry handle.  I don't think it's harder to aim, but may be harder to aim well because I have to rise my cheek off the stock of  the gun.  My biggest complaint is that it still makes the iron sights harder to see because the mount takes up so much room inside the sighting channel on top of carry handle.  I've just about convinced myself to get a tritium front sight and forget about  the $100's of dollars I keep spending to find the right scope and mount.  Knowing what I know now, I would have went with a flat top and installed flip up front and rear sights so I could flip them down and keep them out of my sight picture when using the red dot.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:18:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jrayg:
I too got an A2 and am struggling with the same thing.  I've tried to mount forward of the carry handle in co-witness type of set up, but did not like seeing my iron sights through my red dot.  Because of this it's back on top of the carry handle.  I don't think it's harder to aim, but may be harder to aim well because I have to rise my cheek off the stock of  the gun.  My biggest complaint is that it still makes the iron sights harder to see because the mount takes up so much room inside the sighting channel on top of carry handle.  I've just about convinced myself to get a tritium front sight and forget about  the $100's of dollars I keep spending to find the right scope and mount.  Knowing what I know now, I would have went with a flat top and installed flip up front and rear sights so I could flip them down and keep them out of my sight picture when using the red dot.  

yup.. i'm saving up for a flat-top right now.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:38:10 AM EDT
The kicker is that even once I get the flat top I'm still looking at replacing the front sight with a flip up and also forking out the cash for a flip up rear sight.  Not to mention some type of riser .  These guns really suck the money outta my pocket.  I think a case could be made to stick with the A2 and practice alot.  Iron sights are just as accurate as short distances and unless your red dot is magnafied, there are limited benifits at longer distances.  I think most people just think they're cool.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:54:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2005 10:57:14 AM EDT by ct602]
ARMS 16A

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:03:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jrayg:
...but did not like seeing my iron sights through my red dot.  ...  

You are supposed to look OVER the irons when you are using a Gooseneck or mounting the optic on a forward rail.  Looking over the irons I doubt you'll notice them much (if at all).

Top Top