Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 12:11:26 AM EDT
I have never used a red dot sight on a rifle and I'm nearsighted and wear glasses for distance vision. Being 55 I can no longer focus close up while wearing glasses and was wondering if I would be able to use a red dot sight.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:03:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you would be able to use it no problem at all.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:04:33 AM EDT
[#2]
And trust me on this-I speak from experience
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:10:37 AM EDT
[#3]
You should have no problems, as long as you are not color blind. I have a friend that is, and he can't see the dot. Other then that, since you should shoot a red dot with both eyes open, you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:33:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes indeed, the red dot is your best option.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:46:17 AM EDT
[#5]

You should be looking and focusing on the target so up-close focus won't matter.  It may actually help as the actual sight housing might blur out allowing you to see the target better.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone. A friend of mine has an old Tasco red dot sight on a pistol that I checked out today. When I hold the Tasco sight near my eye like I would with a rifle the dot appears sharp while focusing on a distant object, but I get a secondary faint red dot about 6 dot sizes above the bright one. I wonder if I will get a second dim image with an Eotech. Is this normal.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top