Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 6:35:27 PM EDT
Just bought an Aimpoint ML2 with 3X Mag.  This is mounted onto my Wilson Tactical  .223 and looking through this setup the Red Dot appears doubled.  By this I mean the recticle seems to be doubled up with 2 dots slighty overlaid.  My Dealer says it's because I wear  variable perscription lenses (bi-focals).  Had a buddy at the range and let him shoot my setup and he also says  the red dot has a "ghost" around it.  I've attached to the front of the sight a "anti Flash" fliter could this be effecting the appearence of the dot?  Thanks in advance for your help guys, I'm newbie to AR-15's  and optics.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#1]
oops...see below... this msg. to be deleted...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Your Red Dot is possessed. Perform a ritual exorcism and it will be OK..

THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD COMPELS  YOU! THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD COMPELS YOU!

Seriously though... the 'doubling' is something I have come to grips with. In addition to correction for weak eyes, I have a 'prism' added to my prescription to correct for crossed eyes. the prism causes doubling whenever high-contrast colors are present. For example, the green light of a traffic signal against the dark background of the holder... the green light appears to wander from side to side on the holder... happens when I turn my head slightly and the prism causes the green light to move. The ghost may be a byproduct of two or more lenses that need cleaning.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I miss the days when glasses were for other people.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top