Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/23/2006 1:26:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 1:58:30 PM EDT by die-tryin]
If ya plan to venture into the world of putting together your own AR , weather its one or fifty. I highly recommend the following book

The AR-15 Complete Assembly Guide by Walt Kuleck w/Clint McKee. "AR-15 Guide Volume 2"

This book has detailed pics and step by step to building a complete AR. It has pics of each step with how-to written. It is written in a very elementary way so there is no confusion. My buddy let me borrow his copy to put my Superior Arms together (had been awhile since I built an AR).

Anyways. jus thought id share
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:09:35 AM EDT
Yes that is a very good book I purchased one before attempting my first build. I have allways been curious about a statement on page 2. "Your author is not a gunsmith. Your author is not an armorer, and yes, Virgnina, there is a difference." Is there more to being a gunsmith than a ffl license, I live in virginia and most gunsmiths I know of around here are retired machinist with a history of being a gun nut. Is there more requirements in other states.

Mike H
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:15:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:18:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Aimless:
Good book. Most of the information is available for free on this site, but I bought a copy anyways.

yeah, ive looked thru the HOW - TO thread at the top. Infact , today im goin to cut off the MINI Y comp on my bushmaster barrel per the instructions on there. The book seems to really show each step a lil better than the How-To posted (it seems to miss a few minor steps IMO). But its nice to be able to use the book when ya dont have the computer handy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:19:48 AM EDT
TAG
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:20:21 AM EDT
Top Top