Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2005 7:16:24 AM EDT
Hi gang, I'm ordering a custom engraved Superior lower from Robert and Krista at rbprecision. Any thoughts on a good upper or good upper parts to mate with the Superior lower? Seeing as this will be my first build I'd like it to go smoothly. Would I be better buying a complete upper or build it myself?
Thanks mack

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Come on guys...no responses to this newbies request?? Surely someone has built an AR from a Superior lower...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#2]
My son built his first AR on a Superior lower using all parts he scored off the EE.  I do not own a Superior lower... yet, but if I were building my first AR again I would probably buy a rifle kit from Del-Ton again.  Their prices are reasonable and their shipping time is very fast.  I ordered my kit and had it in my hands less than a week later.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:13:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got 2 Superior lowers on order from RB Precision. I'm confident that any of my uppers will fit just fine. If you're concerned about an upper which closely matches the color mof the Superior lower, I would ask Robert. He would know better than anyone.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Superior lower, but I dont have a upper for it yet.

I would say the color looks close to Stag's.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:17:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait until their uppers come out

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:35:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Wizzo...was gonna tag you about this after chatting with blackta6....Any idea when that might be? (Superior coming out with upper) I am in no hurry at this point being my first build and I just this morning ordered the lower and lpk from Krista and Robert.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#7]
When I talked to Robert and Leo (from Superior Arms) back in June at Buffalo Range, they said they were planning on releasing them this fall sometime.

I did get to shoot one of their very early uppers that they had on-hand at that shoot, though. Had a Wilson barrel and their upper. The finish was really nice and would match their lower perfectly.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks again wizzo...have to keep my eyes open...if you hear anything else let me know either here or on Illinoiscarry or email...mack
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe they are going to release their upper at the DesMoines gun show. In the hometown forum Leo talks about a suprise. Read more here.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks again wizzo. and blackta6....have to keep my eyes open...if you hear anything else let me know either here or on Illinoiscarry or email...mack
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top