Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 10:50:03 AM EDT
I am looking for a barrel for my build.  I have heard that BCM makes good barrels and something around that price range would be great.

What do you recommend?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]

BCM does not manufacture, they assemble other companies parts. Daniel Defense and Noveske make their barrels and are both top of the line.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

BCM does not manufacture, they assemble other companies parts. Daniel Defense and Noveske make their barrels and are both top of the line.

View Quote

Good to know

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have heard good things about melonite barrels. Am I correct?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]
What do you want to do with this rifle? You wanna do hoes through holes, mag dumps or somewhere in between? Also what length you looking for?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What do you want to do with this rifle? You wanna do hoes through holes, mag dumps or somewhere in between? Also what length you looking for?
View Quote

Looking for good accuracy but definitely not a bench rifle. This will go on my 'go to' rifle so it has to be a do it all. I am thinking 16" barrel

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Centurion 16"mid standard profile. $318. Noveske accuracy $100 cheaper. Shoots great even when hot.

Less expensive options are BCM and DD. Either of those should serve your needs very well. Maybe look at Spikes as well.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Good to know

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know

Still doesn't change anything, and a lot of  "manufacturers" don't manufacture their parts, Noveske's barrels included.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Centurion 16"mid standard profile. $318. Noveske accuracy $100 cheaper. Shoots great even when hot.

Less expensive options are BCM and DD. Either of those should serve your needs very well. Maybe look at Spikes as well.
View Quote

Do I want cold hammer forged?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did. I don't know if all the hype is true but from everything I read it should last me the rest of my life with my shooting schedule . My centurion barrels is also more accurate that my rra non chrome lined hbar if that tells you anything.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Melonite?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top