Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/12/2013 9:50:03 AM EST
I am looking for a barrel for my build. I have heard that BCM makes good barrels and something around that price range would be great.

What do you recommend?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:02:24 AM EST

BCM does not manufacture, they assemble other companies parts. Daniel Defense and Noveske make their barrels and are both top of the line.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:13:26 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IHateJake:

BCM does not manufacture, they assemble other companies parts. Daniel Defense and Noveske make their barrels and are both top of the line.

View Quote

Good to know
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:48:30 PM EST
I have heard good things about melonite barrels. Am I correct?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:53:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/12/2013 1:53:30 PM EST by drop11]
What do you want to do with this rifle? You wanna do hoes through holes, mag dumps or somewhere in between? Also what length you looking for?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:55:59 PM EST
Originally Posted By drop11:
What do you want to do with this rifle? You wanna do hoes through holes, mag dumps or somewhere in between? Also what length you looking for?
View Quote

Looking for good accuracy but definitely not a bench rifle. This will go on my 'go to' rifle so it has to be a do it all. I am thinking 16" barrel
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:16:42 PM EST
Centurion 16"mid standard profile. $318. Noveske accuracy $100 cheaper. Shoots great even when hot.

Less expensive options are BCM and DD. Either of those should serve your needs very well. Maybe look at Spikes as well.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:32:59 PM EST
Originally Posted By bantis:

Good to know
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IHateJake:

Good to know

Still doesn't change anything, and a lot of "manufacturers" don't manufacture their parts, Noveske's barrels included.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:34:38 PM EST
Centurion 16"mid standard profile. $318. Noveske accuracy $100 cheaper. Shoots great even when hot.

Less expensive options are BCM and DD. Either of those should serve your needs very well. Maybe look at Spikes as well.
View Quote

Do I want cold hammer forged?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:03:15 PM EST

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I did. I don't know if all the hype is true but from everything I read it should last me the rest of my life with my shooting schedule . My centurion barrels is also more accurate that my rra non chrome lined hbar if that tells you anything.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:04:49 PM EST
Melonite?
Top Top