Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2002 10:47:09 AM EDT
Hey everyone!
 Looking for some good opinions on Aimpoint, Reflex, and Eotech optics. I will be mounting on a fixed handle AR. Should/ could I mount directly on top or forward cary? I am leaning toward the Aimpoint ML2 w/ #39 gooseneck for forward carry handle mounting. I want the best! Is this aimpoint mount sound? What else do I need? Any Pics?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I have heard alot of different opinions through out the previous 5 pages. I have only had the oportunity to use the Aimpoint. I liked it and will go with it unless I hear of any bad replies. I am still fumbling about my mounting options though. My A2 has a fixed handle, I still want to be able to use the iron sights. Is forward mounting best w/a #39 rail or directly on top of the handguard w/ a see through rail? Directly on top seems to far away from the bore. Thoughts???
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Go with the #39

You don't want it on top.

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I second the opinion.  #39 is a good mounting platform.  If you have M4 doupble heat shield handguard, you just have to file the top of the handguard a little to make the fit.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. I have another Question. What other accessories (spacer, mount, rings) do I need to get to have the Aimpoint sit just right on the #39 rail?

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#5]
You have gotton some wonderful opinions from Canadian Tactical and SMGLee, I couldt add a thing
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#6]
 Along the same lines......Would this #39 work with the EoTech on a removable carry handle and be able to cowitness??
  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#7]
ARMS #39 will work with EOTech, but the best option for EOTech would be the gooseneck mount from Precision Reflex.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Eotech also makes their own gooseneck mount.

I don't think the eotech will cowitness with the ARMS#39.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#9]
 Anyone with comments on the EOTech vs the Precision Reflex would be of great assistance to me.  Please remember that this will be used on a removable carry handle using the EOTech optics.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Tzyck  --

Make it the M2, not ML2.  ARMS #39A2Plus mount.  

Same setup is on my personal old M4 Carbine.

-- Chuck
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top