Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2013 3:41:55 PM EDT
Read a lot of posts comparing scopes and it is like the proverbial drinking from a fire-hose, so much info I can't distill it down to an answer.  Figure may as well ask the specific question.

I am looking for a new scope to initially be switched between an AR-15 and an AR-10 for range work primarily.  It may ultimately end up on one of those guns or a 6.5 (grendel or creedmore, still debating) or my .308 bolt gun that currently has a Vortex Viper PST 6-24 SFP.  Looking for something with upper magnification in the mid-high teens that is fairly compact and light.  I would prefer a FFP with a milling reticule.  I don't think I need illumination since I am not planning on it being used for hunting, though I am happy to hear arguments to the contrary, and good light gathering would be a plus.  My budget is around $2k though cheaper (while still getting the job done) is better.  Used is fine provided there is sufficient CS to ensure I'm not stuck with a dud.

I like the Leupold Mk6 3-18 with the TMR in theory but the LGS doesn't carry that type of stuff so I haven't been able to get behind one myself.  Any word on those or suggestions for a better option?  

As a follow up question any suggestion for a good QD mount that would play well with both ARs and bolts?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The Leupold MK6 3-18 is a really nice scope. Here is my review of it.

A NF 3-15x50 would also be great. I've got one on the way so hopefully I'll be able to do a comparison soon. Only thing is they are a little bigger than the MK6.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:36:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Leupold MK6 3-18 is a really nice scope. Here is my review of it.

A NF 3-15x50 would also be great. I've got one on the way so hopefully I'll be able to do a comparison soon. Only thing is they are a little bigger than the MK6.
View Quote

Thank you for the link and insight!  Let me know how the NF works for you.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top