Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 1:58:59 PM EDT
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but my friend says there is a buffer that goes in your stock to stop the spring noise and helps reduce recoil. Anybody hear of this.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Please go read an AR15 manual, look at parts diagram.  Then go shoot an AR15 without a buffer.  And its a BUFFER SPRING, not a recoil spring.  And the noise is normal.  FUCK!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#2]
ouch my pride sorry for the misslableling
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Rifleman2000 to new guy....
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Rifleman2000,

That is a great way to stomp on the new guy!

New guys need to read the manual too.  Not knowing your weapon is one way to kill people.  Nothing personal, fatdude.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Rifleman2000 is actually right, I just had to be a smart ass. Sorry about that Rifleman2000, nothing personal, just having fun.

Fatboy, like Rifleman said, the smartest thing you could do is spend some time downloading the AR manuals on this site if you don't already have them in hard copy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#6]
AGNTSA
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rifleman2000,

New guys need to read the manual too.  Not knowing your weapon is one way to kill people.  Nothing personal, fatdude.

+1
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think calling a buffer spring a recoil spring is going to kill anyone... You guys are rediculous sometimes with this anal stuff...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I read the manual that came with my rifle, but had a brain fart. I was just wondering if anybody had used one of these but looks like I drew a little fire
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:43:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but my friend says there is a buffer that goes in your stock to stop the spring noise and helps reduce recoil. Anybody hear of this.

I don't think calling a buffer spring a recoil spring is going to kill anyone... You guys are rediculous sometimes with this anal stuff...

If you read what he said he didnt even know that the rifle was supposed to have a buffer in it
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I read the manual that came with my rifle, but had a brain fart. I was just wondering if anybody had used one of these but looks like I drew a little fire

yeah everybody has used one of these, may want to re-read that manual
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rifleman2000,

To much caffeine or what, relax man.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I am aware my rifle has a spring and buffer. He said it was somethng you put in before the spring and buffer but also said it could cause jams due to short stroking.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#14]
will switching to a hydraulic buffer.... Enidine.....stop the spring noise, or will the noise be louder, or unchanged
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
will switching to a hydraulic buffer.... Enidine.....stop the spring noise, or will the noise be louder, or unchanged

its still there, mainly because its using the spring still. I dont notice it as much though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:13:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I believe this is what he's referring to.  He wasn't saying he took his buffer out to keep it from making noise.  I get the terms wrong all the time and I haven't killed anyone yet.  

FWIW, don't worry about the noise.  That's just a high priced part to fix something that isn't broke and placate peoples quirk on not like hearing that noise.   I know, I know, it slows the carbine cyclic rate down too because they all blow up because there's so much pressure.  Some of these toys are just silly, in my opinion.  

Just put a bunch of grease on it.  I personally don't hear it anymore and I don't even use grease.  My brothers Fulton armory had it all over it from the factory.  They must think it's ok there and they probably get calls all the time from newbies worring about that noise in their stock.  He he he he he.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#17]
thank you jjrea
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:51:17 AM EDT
[#18]
A hydraulic buffer will reduce felt recoil.  It spreads it out over a longer time period.  I can't recall if it decreases spring noise since I don't pay attention to that.  My match rifle has weights in the butstock and around the hanguard and a hydraulic buffer and has NO recoil.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:58:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Learn to love the

SPROING!

sound
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

that's fucking ignorant, that's what you got out of that, because of him calling something wrong? he didn't know that he had a buffer or how the fucking rifle worked and thatkind of nonchalant attitude about reading a stupid manuel that gets people hurt and most likely killed, guns aren't toys and they're not for people who cut corners because they're too goddamn lazy to read a book
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's fucking ignorant, that's what you got out of that, because of him calling something wrong? he didn't know that he had a buffer or how the fucking rifle worked and thatkind of nonchalant attitude about reading a stupid manuel that gets people hurt and most likely killed, guns aren't toys and they're not for people who cut corners because they're too goddamn lazy to read a book

+1
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Learn to love the

SPROING!

sound

I was watching for that. Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#23]
You guys need to need to fucking relax a bit.How do you know he wasn't refering to this
www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=188
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're a real winner...  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You guys need to need to fucking relax a bit.How do you know he wasn't refering to this
www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=188

Are you inferring that these guys might not know everything?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

that's exactly what I thought he was asking about
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#27]
that's is excactly what I was talking about. Eventhough it's called a buffer too,I should have clarified I guess. I have owned guns for twenty years and have somehow managed not to kill or even shoot anyone even with getting part names confused.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Chill out guys.  dude has brain fart and you rip off his head and shit down his throat.  no need to go postal about it.   even with the term "Recoil" you managed to know what he was talking about.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's fucking ignorant, that's what you got out of that, because of him calling something wrong? he didn't know that he had a buffer or how the fucking rifle worked and that kind of nonchalant attitude about reading a stupid manuel that gets people hurt and most likely killed, guns aren't toys and they're not for people who cut corners because they're too goddamn lazy to read a book

You're a real winner... I'm super too  

whatever you missed the point yet again

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#30]
all you need to know is no grease in the tube and clean it sometimes
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#31]
How do you not enjoy the SPROINGGGGG?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#32]
MuRDoC, could you tell me what this is?  Found it in my gun and didnt think much of it. Melonballer, innit?

should check this out: secure.hop.com/index.cfm. It really helps.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:43:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
MuRDoC, could you tell me what this is?  Found it in my gun and didnt think much of it. Melonballer, innit?
dpmsinc.com/products/BCBA-C1AS%20B.jpg

should check this out: secure.hop.com/index.cfm. It really helps.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top