Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2006 6:08:41 PM EDT
Where can I find a decent "slip on" recoil pad that will fit an A2 stock he2. For recoil reduction when I put my .50 cal Beowulf upper on the weapon.

I'm sure I could just buy a few and see which one its best. I'm hoping someone here can give me the benefit of their experience.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Just realized this is probably in the wrong forum. Moderators, please move if necesssary.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I just searched "Recoil pad" on Google and got this. So I'm not sure if it is any good or if it will work on an AR stock. www.limbsaver.com/limbsaver/firearms/slipon.aspx

Actually I just found this which might be better. 1st and 2nd items listed ar AR-15 stock recoil pads. www.gunaccessories.com/RecoilPads/index.asp
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#4]
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/buttstocks/16-09-02.asp

This black fiberglass-filled composite plastic buttplate lengthens the issue M16/AR15 stock by 1 1/4". Simple to install - just remove your existing buttplate and use the same screws to install this new one.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/buttstocks/16-09-02.asp

This black fiberglass-filled composite plastic buttplate lengthens the issue M16/AR15 stock by 1 1/4". Simple to install - just remove your existing buttplate and use the same screws to install this new one.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/buttstocks/Images/extendedbuttplate.gif

Looks like this would solve my LOP problem, but it doesn't appear as if this does anything to absorb recoil.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I have it in my Bushy, but it's not a recoil pad.

- Ice
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Midway has a pretty good selection. Check the technical info link for a particular pad, and look for the correct dimensions.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#8]
As far as recoil - get an Enidine or MGI buffer...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm glad this request was for the .50 upper. Recoil on the 5.56 side is almost non-existant. You must have a pretty long reach if the A2 stock is too short. What about one of those US Ordnance slip on rubber recoil pads?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top