Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2006 3:22:48 PM EDT
I recently purchased a bag of dessicant from Bass Pro and split it up into tube socks for each of my ammo cans (it was pretty close to a 1lb bag of the stuff).  I know that you can recharge (ie dry out) the dessicant once it has become saturated in an oven, but how do you know when to do this and how often do you have to do it?  I usually open the cans once every few weeks to load ammo into mags and in such a small space I would assume that the amount of moisture in the air allowed into the cans is fairly low because its always in an AC environment.  So when do most of you replace your dessicant or recharge it?  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top