Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 7:49:53 AM EDT
I'm looking to get a Colt forged receiver extension. Did the M16A1 use a forged or extruded extension? If it's forged, I might be able to save money by buying an A1 take-off from CDNN, etc. Also, how can you tell which kind of extension you have?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a receiver extension is the same as a Buffer Tube. To my knowledge none are forged. Both A1 and A2 Buttstocks us the same tube, only the A2 has a spacer to give it the extra length.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a receiver extension is the same as a Buffer Tube. To my knowledge none are forged. Both A1 and A2 Buttstocks us the same tube, only the A2 has a spacer to give it the extra length.

Colt uses both forged and extruded tubes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top