Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/4/2008 8:36:53 PM EDT
Looks like USPS dropped it in a puddle of water.

Anyway, I'm going to RMA it. I ordered OD green and received black.

They probably ran out of green and just threw in a black.

This place has Botach written all over it.

Of course, it happens on Friday so I have to wait until Monday to even hear anything.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
let me know how this light is, i just lost my surefire G-2 led and was thinking of getting this light
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
let me know how this light is, i just lost my surefire G-2 led and was thinking of getting this light

I'll post a pic when I receive the new one (if I receive a new one).
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 4:53:51 AM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Hi Mattja,
I'm the owner of fenixstore.com
I'm sorry that you receive the TK10 with the wrong finish.  Please email [email protected]
with your order number and we will fix the problem right away.
thanks!
David
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got a couple fenix lights, one was the Cree Q5 2xAA the other was an 80 lumen 1xAAA.  So far I am very happy with them.   I chose the AA and AAA because I have a ton of those batteries on hand for work.

Glad David posted here.  One comment to him, I sent an e-mail through the site with concern about delivery time after placing my order.  I did not get an answer to the e-mail although had the lights in time.  Folks trust vendors who return e-mails, even if trivial. But perhaps you are stretched pretty thin.  Love the lights.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hi Mattja,
I'm the owner of fenixstore.com
I'm sorry that you receive the TK10 with the wrong finish.  Please email [email protected]
with your order number and we will fix the problem right away.
thanks!
David

Thanks a lot. I received an e-mail from Matt, who said he would take care of my replacement. I appreciate the quick response. I apologize for dropping the Botach barb on you, I was bummed that day.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Looks like USPS dropped it in a puddle of water.

Anyway, I'm going to RMA it. I ordered OD green and received black.

They probably ran out of green and just threw in a black.

This place has Botach written all over it.

Of course, it happens on Friday so I have to wait until Monday to even hear anything.

Are u gonna mount your TK10 on a AR? If so what mount will you use?

And one other thing whats the differance between the T1 and the TK10 i cant seem to see a differance besides the price.
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 5:04:24 AM EDT
[#7]
ARE THEY IN STOCK?
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 12:33:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I hadn't planned to. AFAIK, it's not a weapons light and I don't think it's made to handle the shock.

And one other thing whats the differance between the T1 and the TK10 i cant seem to see a differance besides the price.

TK10 has a removable clip and a grip ring, similar to Surefire M3 and Z2.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 12:34:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ARE THEY IN STOCK?

Yes, my olive replacement arrived today.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#10]
How does the switch work?

Does it have a soft-press for momentary light, the way a G2 or 6P does?

I like the simple operation and dual-mode output, which would work well for indoor or outdoor, and the new clip and grip ring designs.  It looks like a good alternative to a G2L/P6L, if a bit pricey.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
How does the switch work?

Does it have a soft-press for momentary light, the way a G2 or 6P does?

I like the simple operation and dual-mode output, which would work well for indoor or outdoor, and the new clip and grip ring designs.  It looks like a good alternative to a G2L/P6L, if a bit pricey.

Push halfway for momentary, and all the way to click on.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 3:58:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ARE THEY IN STOCK?

Yes, my olive replacement arrived today.

THANKS
I hear they are as BRIGHT as a surefireC3 with the Hi power Lamp
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#13]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

I hadn't planned to. AFAIK, it's not a weapons light and I don't think it's made to handle the shock.

Being LED, will it really have issues with shock? Not sure why it wouldn't make an excellent weaponlight.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Thanks!

Quoted:
Being LED, will it really have issues with shock? Not sure why it wouldn't make an excellent weaponlight.

The LED itself is more shock proof than an incandescent light, but has more electronics as well, which means solder joints, connections across boards and holders, etc, all of which are possible break points.  More connections, more potential for problems...

If an incandescent loses power briefly due to recoil causing the power connections to jump, it comes right back on again when the connections are made.  Electronic lights will respond differently, depending on how they're designed - some will turn off, some will switch to the next mode, some to the first mode, etc.

There's just not a lot of user feedback on the current generation tac lights yet.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 2:23:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!

Quoted:

The LED itself is more shock proof than an incandescent light, but has more electronics as well, which means solder joints, connections across boards and holders, etc, all of which are possible break points.  More connections, more potential for problems...

If an incandescent loses power briefly due to recoil causing the power connections to jump, it comes right back on again when the connections are made.  Electronic lights will respond differently, depending on how they're designed - some will turn off, some will switch to the next mode, some to the first mode, etc.

There's just not a lot of user feedback on the current generation tac lights yet.

It seems for the time being that most all weapon lights are INCANDESCENT
Well the ones from SUREFIRE.

Must be a reason
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 3:11:30 AM EDT
[#16]
height=8
Quoted:

Must be a reason

I'm aware of the benefits of incandescent, but personally want the longer run times associated with LED.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 3:22:49 AM EDT
[#17]
edit: oops double post
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Well the Pentagon lights which are well regarded are LEDs and they're mounted on rifles for the most part.

I plan on getting a TK10 and mounting it on my carbine.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Woo hoo.

My TK10 came in the mail today from fenixstore.com. Too bright outside to check it out, but I will soon.

I also got 3 P2Ds. One for me, one for my wife, and one for my mom.

My  Zebralight H30-Q5 Headlamp is evidently going to be shipped separately. I ought to be able to gut a elk after sunset this fall.  

I hate you guys. I thought that BRD was bad. But then I found out about lights.

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Must be a reason

I'm aware of the benefits of incandescent, but personally want the longer run times associated with LED.

I just wanted to know the reason
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top