BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/10/2011 8:19:03 PM EDT
I decided to take a chance on this low cost optic for an upcoming build. I can only provide initial impressions since the upper it will be mounted has not arrived and probably won't for about 4 weeks. I'll be well past the return period before I get to use the optic.

First it seems to be a fairly heavy scope and feels well made. Windage and elevation knobs are not the most tactile (almost mushy) and the clicks are hardly audible. This is going to be a set it and forget scope once zeroed. The scope does not have any imprint or engraving for country of origin on it but does have a serial number. The box does say "Japan's secret optics" No caps are included.

There is no contact information for an importer or agent in the USA (as discussed with SWFA prior to purchase) so the only warranty is the 10 day exchange from SWFA (unmounted).

I installed the included battery and turned the scope illumination on. Indoors the brightest setting on red was crazy bright with lots of spill over. On green it was more manageable. The battery cover has several bent metal springs rather than a central coil  that make contact with the battery very positive, in fact it takes a slight effort to get the battery cover on with or without a battery installed. This should mitigate issues with illumination under recoil.

It appears to my untrained eye to be a true 1X, indoors I couldn't get focus (maybe I'm just too close in). There is a very slight fisheye effect at 1X. Glass appears to be fairly bright and clear but since I don't own any high end scopes to compare it too . but it seems to be decent glass.

Overall is the scope worth $150.00, absolutely.There are plenty of comparable scopes out there that cost more. Is it worth paying over $200.00. Nope not without a useable warranty.

This optic will be going on a Spikes 14 1/4" light weight LE middy with 13.2" SAR over a Spikes Punisher lower once it arrives.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I decided to take a chance on this low cost optic for an upcoming build. I can only provide initial impressions since the upper it will be mounted has not arrived and probably won't for about 4 weeks. I'll be well past the return period before I get to use the optic.

First it seems to be a fairly heavy scope and feels well made. Windage and elevation knobs are not the most tactile (almost mushy) and the clicks are hardly audible. This is going to be a set it and forget scope once zeroed. The scope does not have any imprint or engraving for country of origin on it but does have a serial number. The box does say "Japan's secret optics" No caps are included.

There is no contact information for an importer or agent in the USA (as discussed with SWFA prior to purchase) so the only warranty is the 10 day exchange from SWFA (unmounted).

I installed the included battery and turned the scope illumination on. Indoors the brightest setting on red was crazy bright with lots of spill over. On green it was more manageable. The battery cover has several bent metal springs rather than a central coil  that make contact with the battery very positive, in fact it takes a slight effort to get the battery cover on with or without a battery installed. This should mitigate issues with illumination under recoil.

It appears to my untrained eye to be a true 1X, indoors I couldn't get focus (maybe I'm just too close in). There is a very slight fisheye effect at 1X. Glass appears to be fairly bright and clear but since I don't own any high end scopes to compare it too . but it seems to be decent glass.

Overall is the scope worth $150.00, absolutely.There are plenty of comparable scopes out there that cost more. Is it worth paying over $200.00. Nope not without a useable warranty.

This optic will be going on a Spikes 14 1/4" light weight LE middy with 13.2" SAR over a Spikes Punisher lower once it arrives.

I ordered one as well, should be here Friday. Does the owners manual say anything about zeroing or utilizing the BDC that is supposedly designed for 55g 5.56 ~3000 fps?

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag because I'm hoping for more first hand info - Hadn't heard of this optic and have been looking into the 1-4 type scopes for a while now, and this seems like a good entry without breaking the bank.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:05:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered one as well, should be here Friday. Does the owners manual say anything about zeroing or utilizing the BDC that is supposedly designed for 55g 5.56 ~3000 fps?

Just a small printed sheet on using the BDC.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it isn't too much trouble could you explain the BDC layout? I couldn't find that info anywhere but ordered one anyway. I can't tell if it has a true BDC or just a reticle with a turret calibrated for 3100 fps 55g.
TIA

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the quick review. Still on the fence on this one. I just wish I could get a 1-4x in this price range at 10 inches or less. I know GRSC comes in under 10 but it's also 350ish.

Anyways, thanks again and can't wait to see some reticle pics.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Can we get some pics?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Curious why you didn't just get a millett dms-1?  Aren't they great and have a known good rep in the under $200 range?

ETA: Didn't realize it was a combo price of $150! anyone know why it shows the combo with ssalt for $150 but the scope alone is $199?
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:11:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it isn't too much trouble could you explain the BDC layout? I couldn't find that info anywhere but ordered one anyway. I can't tell if it has a true BDC or just a reticle with a turret calibrated for 3100 fps 55g.
TIA

Just a turret calibration. and the clicks are not all that great.
I'll try to get some photo's over the weekend if I can
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#9]
OOps.  Stuck this in the wrong topic at first.....  Oh well, here's where I meant to post.

Link to the Optisan reviews:

http://www.opticstalk.com/optisan-14x24-mamba_topic29849.html

One guy has good luck, my scope that just arrived hazes over when the illuminated dot is turned on. We'll see, might keep it as a non-illuminated, might trade it back in at SWFA.    Good looking scope other than that problem.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Good review just a few questions

1.  How does this compare to the Burris Tac 30 1-4 as far as clarity of glass

2.  Is it a true 1x or similar to the Burris, or Millett ( to me the Burris is acceptable but the Millet didn't work for me at all)

3. How is the eye box difference between 1x and 4x?

Thanks for the review
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't compare it to other scopes since I have not handled any other 1X4

Eye relief seems to be good, about 3" at 4X it is a little more picky and requires better alignment but it's not bad. to my eyes it seems to be a true 1X

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I got my scope today as well, I agree with everything you have said above very accurate. I also had spill over indoors with the higher power settings but outside I used setting 3 out of 5 and had nice clear glass other than maybe some fog due to the rain.
Also the reticle is still visable without illumination which I like.
There is a spare battery inside the turret cover FWIW.

I understand the reticle now and how it is not a BDC like I thought it was, you just select your distance on the turret and still use the dot as your POA / POI unlike my ACOG where POA / POI varies on the reticle relative to distance.

I will zero it tomorrow and post up an AAR here if you don't mind, that might make it easier for people searching for info on this scope.

Here is a pic of it on my AR, I didn't want to take my ACOG off of my ACR and lose zero just to test a $150 scope.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#13]
You guys are getting me all exicited and stuff.  How does it do with both eyes open on 1X trying to use it like a red dot?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You guys are getting me all exicited and stuff.  How does it do with both eyes open on 1X trying to use it like a red dot?

That's the million dollar question and I do not have a proper answer yet. Hopefully I will tomorrow.

I have been shooting 3Gun with my TA33RH ACOG and I feel the 3x put me at a disadvantage for <25m shots on various small targets Vs 99% of people running 1-4x scopes on 1x for close range shots.

I have been working on using the BAC ( both eyes open ) with my ACOG but bought this Optisan as a cheap way to see if I would prefer a 1-4x without dropping $1000 and just hoping for the best.

Still messing with the mounting location / eye relief of the 1-4 so I may move the 1-4 further forward on the rail.

At 6'1 with long arms I usually shoot with the stock extended not collapsed on both weapons not usually NTCH unless using irons.

Can't say much for only handling it in the house and a little outside but I do like the reticle. The reticle also stays the same size on both 1x and 4x as well as everything in between.

Showdown, ACOG Vs 1-4 coming soon.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I got my scope today as well, I agree with everything you have said above very accurate. I also had spill over indoors with the higher power settings but outside I used setting 3 out of 5 and had nice clear glass other than maybe some fog due to the rain.
Also the reticle is still visable without illumination which I like.
There is a spare battery inside the turret cover FWIW.

I understand the reticle now and how it is not a BDC like I thought it was, you just select your distance on the turret and still use the dot as your POA / POI unlike my ACOG where POA / POI varies on the reticle relative to distance.

I will zero it tomorrow and post up an AAR here if you don't mind, that might make it easier for people searching for info on this scope.

Here is a pic of it on my AR, I didn't want to take my ACOG off of my ACR and lose zero just to test a $150 scope.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/HighDragLowSpeed555/IMAG0274-1.jpg

Please post your findings here, Spikes says my upper will ship some time next week. It may be a few weeks before I get out and sight mine in.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I am going to put dessert before the meal and tell you upfront without you having to read to the end of some long winded AAR that I think this scope / mount combo deal is worth every bit of $150 if you are looking for a backup optic or cheaper 1-4x.

Since I have to work tomorrow, I only shot 2 out of my 4 IDPA stages this morning before heading to my buddys hunting property to show him this scope and get it zeroed.
If you saw my other videos you may remember my shooting buddy who has the LWRC MK12 Mod 0 build with the Leupold scope on it. He would tell me if he thought this thing was crap but by the end of the shoot he kept asking " only $150 for the scope AND mount? ". He was impressed as was I for the price. I thought that was funny.

I did move the scope more forward on the rail. I like the current postition and will likely leave it there.

We had a nasty storm rolling in so this was what I call a hasty zeroing. Out of the box I shot at 50 yds just to see if I was remotely close. To my suprise windage was spot on, I never touched it. Elevation was a bit high so I adjusted down a bit then factored in my guess for drop at 100 to get me close.

Within the first 8-9 shots right out of the box I was able to shoot a 1/4 - 1/2" group with PMC Bronze .223 55g ammo @ 100yds.

I messed up by transitioning from using the green reticle on the red paper target then using the same green reticle on the green dot target,I could not see my POA and that was my fault. I switched to the red reticle and put the next two shots dead center of the green dot at 100 yds.

I would say that any crappy shots were my fault and not the scope, I should have took more time with my shots etc but we were ready to go home and foggy sunglasses were not helping.

The video link is under the two pictures.

Anyway, I have to shoot more with this scope and get out to 300 yds to check it's calibration but as of now, I am impressed with it especially for $150 with a mount.

YouTube Video

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:49:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish I could give a review on mine. All I can say is the scope is decent and the SSALT mount is equall to a burris.

Now for Coyote hunters. Night time hunting this scope needs a lower setting for brightness controll, On the lowest setting at night with a forend mounted 250 lumen red filtered light it's reticle is to bright for me. That's me though, and common with most cheaper chi com lit reticle scopes.

I've lit up bunnies out back at pitch black and it's to bright on the lowest setting. Still for folk's punching paper steel ect, it should be fine.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 9:41:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Has anyone here bought the lens cap kit?  I wanted to see if they are the flip up kind or the elastic bikini kind?
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:03:59 AM EDT
[#20]
They are butler creek flip up caps
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 5:33:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Im  glad to finally hear some people talking about these things. My first contact with an Optisan was about a year ago at a gunshow. It was a "Prestige" 1-6x though, and was an awsome scope. The asthetics of it grabbed my attention first, and then the quality of it impressed me as well. When I got home all i could find online was the models swfa had, and I found one Prestige in like Belgium. Ive been curious ever since about the Mamba.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 5:44:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Im  glad to finally hear some people talking about these things. My first contact with an Optisan was about a year ago at a gunshow. It was a "Prestige" 1-6x though, and was an awsome scope. The asthetics of it grabbed my attention first, and then the quality of it impressed me as well. When I got home all i could find online was the models swfa had, and I found one Prestige in like Belgium. Ive been curious ever since about the Mamba.

1-6x? I never heard of it but I would be interested in finding out more about one of those if possible.

If it was a true 1x and the same quality of the 1-4x Mamba I would prob pay up to $300 for it.

The one major downfall of the Mamba is that there is NO warranty with this scope where as some other scopes have a lifetime warranty.

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1-6x? I never heard of it but I would be interested in finding out more about one of those if possible.

If it was a true 1x and the same quality of the 1-4x Mamba I would prob pay up to $300 for it.

The one major downfall of the Mamba is that there is NO warranty with this scope where as some other scopes have a lifetime warranty.

And that fact alone speaks volumes. There is no free lunch.

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#24]
The one I looked was a true one power scope. The guy offered it to me for like 520 with a burris mount. From what I could tell that was about right, like you guys were saying its hard to give that for something your not sure of and this was the first time i had ever saw one. Id rather get a viper pst 1-4x and have the awsome warranty from vortex for that kind of money. Heres a link

http://nordjagt.dk/sigte-kikkert-99/optisan-102/optisan-prestige-6z-1-6x24raq-41618.html

and a translation

Optisan Prestige series gives you all the best finesse you wish you of a sieve binoculars.
Produced by 30 mm steel tubes and equipped with Paralax alignment on the page, from 9 to 450 metres.
Mounted lens protectors included. Freedom of choice between red and green light and the possibility of adjusting the brightness.
30 mm steel tube
Paralax alignment
Optional red or green light
Mounted lens protectors
30-year warranty
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, to a certain extent maybe. It isn't because they don't believe in the optic, but that Optisan has no operations in the US and these are being imported by a 3rd party, thus there is no support here yet. So while it is a downer that there isn't support, I don't think that fact is a reflection on the scope's build quality at all (though the price very well may be).
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, to a certain extent maybe. It isn't because they don't believe in the optic, but that Optisan has no operations in the US and these are being imported by a 3rd party, thus there is no support here yet. So while it is a downer that there isn't support, I don't think that fact is a reflection on the scope's build quality at all (though the price very well may be).

That is my understanding as well.

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#27]
There are people selling Aimpoint clones for $100 and they have a warranty. Just because there is some sort of warranty, that doesn't make a junk clone any more than a junk clone. I do not value that warranty in ANY way. How many junk clones would you go through before you realized that it was $100 wasted? Personally I'd rather have spent $30 for the same junk clone anywhere else, it will crap out on me, I'll learn my lesson and buy quality optics from now on.

You always get what you pay for.

Look at the Millett 1-4 scope. A rifle tips over on its side and the scope breaks. That tells me that the scope is not durable at all. but for a $170 scope this is the risk you take.

If you pay good money for a quality optic it better come with a good warranty. The best warranty is one that you will never need.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There are people selling Aimpoint clones for $100 and they have a warranty. Just because there is some sort of warranty, that doesn't make a junk clone any more than a junk clone. I do not value that warranty in ANY way. How many junk clones would you go through before you realized that it was $100 wasted? Personally I'd rather have spent $30 for the same junk clone anywhere else, it will crap out on me, I'll learn my lesson and buy quality optics from now on.

Look at the Millett 1-4 scope. A rifle tips over on its side and the scope breaks. That tells me that the scope is not durable at all. but for a $170 scope this is the risk you take.

If you pay good money for a quality optic it better come with a good warranty. The best warranty is one that you will never need.

You saying the millett is junk and you saw one beak just from a rifle tipping over?
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, well maybe. You keep telling yourself that to a "certain extent".

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 2:34:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Quoted:

You saying the millett is junk and you saw one beak just from a rifle tipping over?
A member here had just that happen. It didn't "beak" but it did break.

Go to: Millett 1-4 Broke Top of page.

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, well maybe. You keep telling yourself that to a "certain extent".

I don't have to tell myself anything, I don't have one. I am an aimpoint kind of guy. Just saying that the lack of warranty due to the 3rd party importation doesn't really say much about the quality of the optic at all. Just wondering what "volumes" are spoken is all.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I don't have to tell myself anything, I don't have one. I am an aimpoint kind of guy. Just saying that the lack of warranty due to the 3rd party importation doesn't really say much about the quality of the optic at all. Just wondering what "volumes" are spoken is all.
Well, I'm a "if it doesn't have a warranty (for whatever reason), it's probably junk" kind of guy.

"Volumes" means it says a lot about something.

A large amount. Often used in the plural: volumes of praise.

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Look, without giving a shit where the scope came from I can say this about mine which I just received. It is a great bargain for the $$. I own USO's, Nightforces, Leupolds, Aimpoints, you name it. However, for a fun range gun which should hopefully never be used in harms way, you cannot beat this deal (optic AND a quality mount for $150). I don't see why others are getting their panties in a wad about warranty or origin for this kind of investment. I own US Optics because those guns justify the expense and proven durability. For a range plinker which is what 95% of the stuff you will ever see of ARFCOM are, I think this is just fine. If it breaks, you still have a mount worth $70. The quality is what is mentioned on the first page and although the bloom with illumination is over the top crappy, on the lowest setting or non-illuminated it is just fine.
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Look, without giving a shit where the scope came from I can say this about mine which I just received. It is a great bargain for the $$. I own USO's, Nightforces, Leupolds, Aimpoints, you name it. However, for a fun range gun which should hopefully never be used in harms way, you cannot beat this deal (optic AND a quality mount for $150). I don't see why others are getting their panties in a wad about warranty or origin for this kind of investment. I own US Optics because those guns justify the expense and proven durability. For a range plinker which is what 95% of the stuff you will ever see of ARFCOM are, I think this is just fine. If it breaks, you still have a mount worth $70. The quality is what is mentioned on the first page and although the bloom with illumination is over the top crappy, on the lowest setting or non-illuminated it is just fine.

I have to agree here. I took my rifle to a friends farm the other night. The scope tracked fine to site in at 100. After the rifle was 0'd we hung a 5 gal. bucket at 300 yards and used the elevation turret at 3.  Handloads with 50 gr. VMax RL10 Printed about 3-5 inches high, still pounded the bucket.

I sure wish it had lower illumination on the reostat. Green is a bit better if your gonna try popping yotes at night

all I can say is it's not bad for the $$$. I can't speak long term yet. The mount is equall to a Burris IMO. So ya have an $80.00 scope.

edit to say this scopes elevation turret was probably set up for 55 gr. ball ammo with a lower BC than my VMAX hanloads wich printed higher at 300

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Any ideas what sort of lever or device - for more rapidly working the 1x - 4x setting - will work on this scope?

Yes I do realize I am looking for a part that may cost 1/2 as much as the scope & mount combo...

Thanks!

~Will
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Did any owners ever look through theres on 1X and try to use it as a redot?  Will it work quickly or do you need to get the eye relief correct before you can see through it? (IE, as slow as using a scope)
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Did any owners ever look through theres on 1X and try to use it as a redot?  Will it work quickly or do you need to get the eye relief correct before you can see through it? (IE, as slow as using a scope)

The eye relief has to be correct even on 1x. An Aimpoint or Eotech would be faster up close.

I am still faster using my TA33RH ACOG and the BAC than this scope on 1x but I need to practice with it more and get a feel for the eye relief and seeing the larger turrets with both eyes open seems like it messes with me more..

Link Posted: 8/28/2011 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#38]
OK, thanks.  Looks like a red dot and magnifier is going to be the only answer to what I want, quick and long(er) range, even though heavy and clumsy.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
OK, thanks.  Looks like a red dot and magnifier is going to be the only answer to what I want, quick and long(er) range, even though heavy and clumsy.

Plenty of guys are very fast with 1-4x using 1x, it just takes practice.

I have an ACOG and now this 1-4x and I would choose either of them before a red dot with a magnifier but that's just me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Any ideas what sort of lever or device - for more rapidly working the 1x - 4x setting - will work on this scope?

Yes I do realize I am looking for a part that may cost 1/2 as much as the scope & mount combo...

Thanks!

~Will

I do not know the answer to this either but I would love a cat tail for this scope so hopefully someone knows of one that will work.

Link Posted: 8/29/2011 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

~Will

I do not know the answer to this either but I would love a cat tail for this scope so hopefully someone knows of one that will work.

really at this level scope ya don't bother. I'd give it a better thumbs up with lower illumination as a hunting scope! You guy's that need illumination at high noon will like it!  Seems an upgraded reostat would be a simple fix and make this a hell of a bargain!

Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Giving up on "quick and far", OK, kind of a side track but do you guys think a 4-16x44 would be way to much scope on a 14.5" barrel or would the 1-4 be best?  Similar price range.
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Giving up on "quick and far", OK, kind of a side track but do you guys think a 4-16x44 would be way to much scope on a 14.5" barrel or would the 1-4 be best?  Similar price range.

If you shoot < 100 a lot I would not use a 4-16x as my primary optic but that's just me.

If you shoot >100 90% of the time then maybe.
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Sadly I dont shoot anything "a lot"  If it was only  sub 100 id do a red dot plain and simple.
Just trying to not overscope the gun and stay within real world workings of the 14.5" barrel.  (no fantasy of taking out a squirrel at 1000yds lol) just realistic shots.  Really i figure 50-300, maybe 500 but lack the experience to know if the 14.5 would get that far.

im talking regular shooter stuff, not what an insane marksman could do with 20+ in hold overs and in a 40mph sandstorm!
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sadly I dont shoot anything "a lot"  If it was only  sub 100 id do a red dot plain and simple.
Just trying to not overscope the gun and stay within real world workings of the 14.5" barrel.  (no fantasy of taking out a squirrel at 1000yds lol) just realistic shots.  Really i figure 50-300, maybe 500 but lack the experience to know if the 14.5 would get that far.

im talking regular shooter stuff, not what an insane marksman could do with 20+ in hold overs and in a 40mph sandstorm!

From the sound of it you would be better off with an ACOG or 1-4x.
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks.  /hijack
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Thanks.  /hijack

For $150 this may be a good entry level scope to see if you like 1-4x IMHO

Link Posted: 8/30/2011 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#48]
just ordered one the other day and will be putting my m4 for hogs and yotes will give a review on it as well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

NC1 "Universal" Black Coaster Clips from Breakaway.  They're used to secure a reel to a rod.  Order them here.  I use one on my Tac30.  Less than $20 for the pair (not sure if they're still sold as pairs).  

The knob part turns to tighten them down.  Once tight, use a sharp razor to cut the excess off.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.rodringsandthings.co.uk/media/gbu0/prodlg/nbreakawaycoaster.jpg

NC1 "Universal" Black Coaster Clips from Breakaway.  They're used to secure a reel to a rod.  Order them here.  I use one on my Tac30.  Less than $20 for the pair (not sure if they're still sold as pairs).  

The knob part turns to tighten them down.  Once tight, use a sharp razor to cut the excess off.

great idea!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top