BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/27/2014 11:36:25 AM EDT
Tapco Intrafuse, DPMS ????
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:04:45 PM EDT
[#1]
None of the above. If you want a quality multi-tool buy a gen state armory.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

+1 this is the only way to go
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Good luck finding one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah ... none on their web site. I filled out the online contact form asking about availability.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah ... none on their web site. I filled out the online contact form asking about availability.
View Quote

Just keep checking the website they are never out of stock for long.  You will be glad you waited

Link Posted: 2/1/2014 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Multitasker seems to be a very highly reviewed multitool.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I am ashamed of myself and should've #1- known better and #2- ran away because I know better.
The NCSTAR tool is garbage. Soft metal that after one use is bent, warped, twisted and is stripping the FH tool.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 5:46:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Gem State site still shows "Sorry but this item is currently unavailable." I am being patient and checking daily ....
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 1:58:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I actually like my Tapco Intrafuse armorer's wrench. I would recommend it to others.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like the Gem State wrenches are back in stock
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks like the Gem State wrenches are back in stock
View Quote

I just came to post the same thing.  Just ordered mine.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I have this and it's fine

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/179634/wheeler-engineering-delta-series-multi-tool-with-torque-wrench-ar-15-steel
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#14]
dangit, back out of stock...
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I missed the last ones as well. I did receive an email stating that they hope to have some more Wednesday or Thursday.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 6:07:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Got an email this morning from Gem State Armory. There Armorers Wrenches are back in stock. I just ordered one. Thought I would share.
http://www.gem-state-armory.com/ar-armorers-wrench/
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I actually like my Tapco Intrafuse armorer's wrench. I would recommend it to others.
View Quote

+1 on this. I typically despise Tapco products but this is a good one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I ordered one after my sons eBay tool failed.  I am surprised because he usually buys very high quality tools.  I ordered it on Saturday 1:22AM.  Can't wait to get it in hand and use it.  Another thanks to the forum members guiding me to a fine product.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 5:42:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I ordered one after my sons eBay tool failed.  I am surprised because he usually buys very high quality tools.  I ordered it on Saturday 1:22AM.  Can't wait to get it in hand and use it.  Another thanks to the forum members guiding me to a fine product.  
View Quote

Has yours shipped? I ordered mine at 6am Saturday morning. The money was taken out but status still says awaiting fulfillment. I hope they didn't sell out before my order went in.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 8:11:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Has yours shipped? I ordered mine at 6am Saturday morning. The money was taken out but status still says awaiting fulfillment. I hope they didn't sell out before my order went in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I expected to have mine by now.  I checked about `11PM Friday and it was out of stock.  I checked again two hours later before I went to bed and it was in stock & I got the confirmation email @ 1:22 AM Saturday.  I don't thing you missed it because it had just come back into stock.  Mine is still in awaiting fulfillment also & I bet I was the first guy to order it once it was back in stock.  I heard about the lightning shipping  and was surprised it didn't ship Monday morning.  I am hoping it will just show up at my door.  I will let you know if I hear anything.  Mike
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Please do. I emailed them on Sunday just to see if I could get a window on shipment. I got a reply that was a little less than professional saying that it was the weekend and of course it wouldn't ship and that it would be processed yesterday morning. I tried calling today with no luck. I know they are swamped right now as the word is getting out about there wrench.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Please do. I emailed them on Sunday just to see if I could get a window on shipment. I got a reply that was a little less than professional saying that it was the weekend and of course it wouldn't ship and that it would be processed yesterday morning. I tried calling today with no luck. I know they are swamped right now as the word is getting out about there wrench.
View Quote

By looking at the limited number of products they offer I think they would ship only a couple times a week.   I think we are all set but will just have to wait it out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#23]
I hope so. I will update if I hear anything back.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Just got the email saying it shipped.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Same here.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I received my wrench today.  It looks good but I thought I was going to get an adapter for use on my AR10.  Did I miss something when ordering?
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I received my wrench today.  It looks good but I thought I was going to get an adapter for use on my AR10.  Did I miss something when ordering?
View Quote

If Im reading it right, it says customer choice of the adapters. I never saw anything when ordering for an option on adapters. I guess the default option is the GI adapter? I would email them and ask. They have been quick to reply to emails.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#29]
I just read a review again and it confirmed what you said.  

"The adapters are specifically barrel nut adapters.  Each wrench comes with a standard 5.56 Barrel Nut Adapter, an adapter that works perfect with Aftermarket Freefloat Tube Barrel Nuts and an AR-10 Barrel Nut Adapter (not shown)."
http://www.ar15news.com/2012/08/08/new-gem-state-armory-ar-armorers-wrench-review/
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I just read a review again and it confirmed what you said.  

"The adapters are specifically barrel nut adapters.  Each wrench comes with a standard 5.56 Barrel Nut Adapter, an adapter that works perfect with Aftermarket Freefloat Tube Barrel Nuts and an AR-10 Barrel Nut Adapter (not shown)."
http://www.ar15news.com/2012/08/08/new-gem-state-armory-ar-armorers-wrench-review/
View Quote

The sealed packaging enclosing the wrench says .380/AR10 interchangeable heads are available separately.  I am not new to ARs but am new to building them.   I cannot find anything on Gem States web site about buying adaptors.  If someone could post me a pic of a AR10 adaptor I would appreciate it.  Gem State States that " Precision laser cut, mil-spec parkerized, and laser engraved, each adapter has a scallop cut into the top of each for easy identification."  There is no identification on mine.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#31]
I just got an email reply from Gem State. And after looking again, I do have two adapters. I have the scalloped adapter for a GI barrel nut. This is the adapter they call the delta ring type. The adapter on the opposite site has the three metal tabs. He said this would work on a variety of 5.56 and AR10 free floats.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 8:57:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I just got an email reply from Gem State. And after looking again, I do have two adapters. I have the scalloped adapter for a GI barrel nut. This is the adapter they call the delta ring type. The adapter on the opposite site has the three metal tabs. He said this would work on a variety of 5.56 and AR10 free floats.
View Quote

What about AR10 barrels that are not free float?
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Not sure. I would just send them an email. They are very quick to respond. Im sure they will get you squared away.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 8:47:03 AM EDT
[#34]
I finally hit the site at a time when some were in stock. Ordered and shipped.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I finally hit the site at a time when some were in stock. Ordered and shipped.
View Quote

I ordered mine and received it the other day. Best AR wrench I have ever put my hands on. Thanks for the recommendation gents...
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Just ordered mine from Gem State. Could not believe my eyes when it was In Stock! I am so excited! Thanks to everyone for there reccomendation. I blindly follow my fellow ARF.comers when it comes to this kind of thing. It will be my 1st and I suspect my last Wrench I will need!!

Not to hijack but I figured I have a captive audience I may as well ask!

Used some Dvor coupons for some punches. Also optics planet has 10% off for April's fools so I bought some other misc tools.

My question is what do u guys recommend for securing the upper to install barrels and flash hiders?

Thanks everyone. I have parts coming for 2 more Builds. My wife's and my best friends!?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 3:22:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Been rockin an ole tapco wrench for years. Surprisingly, it's held up just fine.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#38]
thanks for all the info I am ordering one of these gem state wrenches. I dont have much for AR tools, should I be looking for anything else?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
thanks for all the info I am ordering one of these gem state wrenches. I dont have much for AR tools, should I be looking for anything else?
View Quote

Yes indeed you should buy some other tools if you plan on assembling more ARs and I'm sure you will. There is folks here who will tell you that you don't need to buy these tools because they're cheap or think they know better. The fact is you need the right tools to do the job correctly and these tools make the job easier.

Buy a Geissele Reaction Rod. Yes you can buy a cheaper version but spend the extra and get a Geissele.
A good bech vise. American made is best. 4 inch jaws will work but better to buy one with 6 inch jaws.
Buy a Brownells  Bolt Catch Pin Punch. Sure you can cheap out and do it with vise grips etc. but once again, the right tool for the job.
Brownells Roll Pin Holders and Roll Pin Punches. At the very least you'll need the #3 holder & punch and the #4 holder & punch for the trigger guard.
A Lower Receiver Vise Block which fits in the magwell is good to have as well. Brownells has one for 50 bucks but you can get one just like it for half the price elsewhere. Don't buy any of the other ones which are cheaper unless you plan on only assembling one AR.
The Brownells Pivot Pin Detent Tool is good to have but you can cheap out here and use a clevis pin. This is probably the only tool I would say is acceptable to cheap out on. I used a clevis pin on my first but I bought the Brownells tool for the next.
A Starrett 5/32 Center punch with the square shaft for staking the receiver extension nut (castle nut) A Starrett Automatic punch is good as well but costs a bit more.
The Brownells Green Rifle bench block and AR-15 Front Sight Base block is good to have as well.
A quality torque wrench, American made would be ideal.

I'm sure there is some other tools and if I can think of them I'll post them. Like I said people will say you don't need this or that but to do the job correctly and do a quality job the right tools make all the difference. It makes it easier as well.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yes indeed you should buy some other tools if you plan on assembling more ARs and I'm sure you will. There is folks here who will tell you that you don't need to buy these tools because they're cheap or think they know better. The fact is you need the right tools to do the job correctly and these tools make the job easier.

Buy a Geissele Reaction Rod. Yes you can buy a cheaper version but spend the extra and get a Geissele.
A good bech vise. American made is best. 4 inch jaws will work but better to buy one with 6 inch jaws.
Buy a Brownells  Bolt Catch Pin Punch. Sure you can cheap out and do it with vise grips etc. but once again, the right tool for the job.
Brownells Roll Pin Holders and Roll Pin Punches. At the very least you'll need the #3 holder & punch and the #4 holder & punch for the trigger guard.
A Lower Receiver Vise Block which fits in the magwell is good to have as well. Brownells has one for 50 bucks but you can get one just like it for half the price elsewhere. Don't buy any of the other ones which are cheaper unless you plan on only assembling one AR.
The Brownells Pivot Pin Detent Tool is good to have but you can cheap out here and use a clevis pin. This is probably the only tool I would say is acceptable to cheap out on. I used a clevis pin on my first but I bought the Brownells tool for the next.
A Starrett 5/32 Center punch with the square shaft for staking the receiver extension nut (castle nut) A Starrett Automatic punch is good as well but costs a bit more.
The Brownells Green Rifle bench block and AR-15 Front Sight Base block is good to have as well.

I'm sure there is some other tools and if I can think of them I'll post them. Like I said people will say you don't need this or that but to do the job correctly and do a quality job the right tools make all the difference. It makes it easier as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of little box do you put everything in?  I would like to be able to bring everything to the range in case I would need it and having it lose in the bag doesnt sound good.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top