Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 5:30:36 PM EDT
Where can one find a reasonably priced Light and Mount?  Been looking and found some but I'm looking for info on what work and what doesn't.

I'm not gonna be kicking down doors and wasting BGs just using for Home Defense.  I don't need a Floodlamp/Battering Ram/Bat Signal, just a good semiblinding light for the home.

Thanks for all the assistance
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:42:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Pentagon lights are nice. Try Teknic-  www.rainierarms.com/
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Where can one find a reasonably priced Light and Mount?  Been looking and found some but I'm looking for info on what work and what doesn't.

I'm not gonna be kicking down doors and wasting BGs just using for Home Defense.  I don't need a Floodlamp/Battering Ram/Bat Signal, just a good semiblinding light for the home.

Thanks for all the assistance

Hello.

I highly recommend Grant (C4iGrant)... browse his threads about lights in the EE.  I have purchased tons of stuff from him in the past.... including the Surefire M6.

He has great entry level lights, featuring the shock isolated bezel... all the way up to the top of the line surefires.

I have to admit though, if you would have told me i should buy a $300 light... i would have laughed at you.... but THEN there was ONE time.... before i got into flashlights... that i wished i would have had the 9 volt turbo head surefire weapon light.  Would have saved me a LOT.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#5]
someone told me on this very site, to investigate the Brinkmann MaxFire LX--sold at, of all places, Wal Mart for about $20 bucks.

before you laugh, let me tell you this...it is rubber armored, has a tail switch for flash or constant on modes, is bright as hell (i was told about 60 lumens but it could be more---10x brighter than a mini maglite), cheap as hell and fits any of the generic light mounts available anywhere on the net for 10 bucks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#6]
check out Brightflashlights under the Industry forum. He's got a ton of suff
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:32:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Tanks for everyone's input.  I just put in an order with Grant for a surefire E2D and VLTOR mount.  Really looking forward to getting it.  G&R Tactical are great to order from.  This will be my third order from them.  Thanks Guys.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
digilightusa.com

= China.

There are enough quality light companies in the US that nobody needs to go the Communist China route.

C4

Says the seller of US made lights.  

Plenty of good US car manufacturers. No need to buy foreign...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Digilight= China.

There are enough quality light companies in the US that nobody needs to go the Communist China route.

C4

Says the seller of US made lights.  

Plenty of good US car manufacturers. No need to buy foreign...

Couldn't help but notice C4 said..."China" not foreign....

I am pretty sure C4 is happy helping out our 'true' allies.

imo
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:21:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
This is correct. I only sell lights made in the US.

The interesting thing about US made cars is that they really aren't made here (nor are the parts). If you want a US made car with parts made in the US, buy a Honda or a Toyota.

C4

I should tell my sister and brother in law that all those parts they are making at the GM plant in Parma are for foreign cars.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I need a light for the short, round, floating aluminum forend for my DPMS 308. I just can't figure out why the officially declared "weoponlights" are $400 and up when you can buy a regular Surefire G2 or whatever from the Surefire dealer on this site, and get the shock isolated bezel and mount as well, all for under $100???? The only thing I see mentioned with the weopnlights is battery retention, sounds like bullshit to me? I think that Surefire just jacks the price and confuses people with a bunch of letters/numbers, etc. I may just put one of the "working mans weoponlights" on my 308 and bash the piss out of it and see what happens. Anybody try this already? I got a buddy with a G2 on a 223 and it's still working fine after 3 years.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Honda's parts are made in Ohio and assembled in Ohio.

Liar.  *MY* Honda was built in Colorado!  

Either Grant or Calvin can hook you up.  I've purchased from both, and they're both good folks.

Cheap for use inside the average home?  Get a price quote on the Pentagon X2 or X3 + mount.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:40:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The AR-10 isn't terribly abusive, we've got customers running E2D's & Scout lights on them and so far they've had good results.  The E2/Scout design is different though, they won't suffer the same abuse under recoil like the P60 style lamps do, nor do they have contact springs that can break.

As far as a true dedicated weaponslight is concerned, you don't have to spend $400.  Considering you mentioned this would be for a carbine, the Pentagon X2 ($70) & the Surefire Classic 6v ($120ish) would both be excellent lights with full battery retention and shock isolation.  Both are upgradeable to an assortment of activation & mounting solutions.  Even the Millennium Universal systems can be found for under $400, just contact your friendly neighborhood SF dealer and you'll probably find better prices. help,
Thanks,
Calvin

email: [email protected]

BrightFlashlights.com

Would a Pentagon X2 or X3 stand up to the recoil of a DPMS LR-308? If so, I'll buy one from you! I also need a light for my Mossberg 590, but I think I'm pretty much screwed into having to use the Surefire forend because of the recoil and having the forearm racking the action back and forth. I wouldn't trust one of those coil wire switches after some use.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Flashlights :

Best kept secret in the market place ........ " INOVA T-3 " high power 3.2 watt LED  flashlight

Pushing out a blinding 85 lumens for a "TRUE" 2 hour non-dimming runtime.

Using 2- 123A Lithium batteries; Mil-spec Anodization on the all AL body; MINERAL CRYSTAL front lens -- not glass or plastic found on $200 flashlights

All for under $50  !!!!!!!!!!!!  Warranted for life and Made in the USA; This company is backed by an outstanding customer service and sales dept.  Turn around on a minor repair I had was ONE WEEK!
I live close [ 3 states away ] from the factory.

Never replace a bulb again.......100,000 hours on the High power LED. Now this light can be ordered with a remote switch -- I am in the process of testing the switch.... early results show some minor operational problems that I am trying to work out -- could be some user error or improper spec. Verticle Forearm Grip.

Anyone needs any help finding these great flashlights -- give me a holler

JF.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Parke1-

Try

www.TRGear.com

They are the only company I know that has both the T-3  AND  REMOTE SWITCH ............

Also the mount I use is from

WWW.CheaperthanDirt.com

# ARR-098    for $19.97   a polymer mount that is quick release and fits weaver rails

Your IM is turned off...so this was the only way to pass you the info.

JF.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top