Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2004 2:02:44 PM EST
Hey, all--

I'm new to the forum and have an issue... The rear elevation wheel on my new Bushy 20" flattop (site is on the detachable carry handle) seems to be frozen in place. Jim at Bushmaster said to use a 1/16 inch allen and loosen the index screw at the front of the site. I did that (actually removed it) and still, the wheel won't turn. Do the upper and lower wheels BOTH turn together, or just the index wheel? Do you have any recommendations? How do I break the site apart? Something must have been assembled incorrectly.

Thanks in advance!

Chris
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:35:11 AM EST
Chris,

Sounds like they forgot to put in the ball that rides in the detents underneath the elevatio wheel assembly, and the spring is sticking up from the receiver into a detent in the wheel and locking it in place. Maybe you can get a feeler gauge in there to push it down, but you may be left with trying to pry the wheel out, trashing the spring, and possibly scratching the receiver and elevation assembly. Maybe let Bushmaster accept responsibility for that by having them do the work...

Rich
Top Top