Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/12/2010 8:51:05 PM EDT
I picked up a Colt/Umarex 22LR M-4 from Big 5. Had no issues with zeroing the red dot at 50 yards. However when it came to the mechanical sights, in order to put the grouping even close to the 10x, the windage on the rear sight is all the way to the right. The rear sight is not the best I'll have to admit, might this be that the front post/housing is off kilter or should I try a better rear sight.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:30:02 PM EDT
The rear sight more than likely is not the problem. I'd say the front sight is canted. The Colt Umarex uses a liner in a plastic outer shell and I'm not sure how this barrel and shroud attach to the rest of the upper receiver. There is no compatibility in the design of the Umarex and a real M-4. Umarex just tried to copy the looks of the M-4 and I would suggest you contact Umarex to see if they will resolve the issue. Bushmaster has had a problem with canted front sight towers on their rifles and this is not an uncommon problem on AR's. You might be able to lay a yard stick or level on your upper to tell for sure that the front sight tower is canted. If you replace the rear sight I'd bet to zero the rifle the rear sight would be all the way over to the right again.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:35:10 PM EDT
Kinda of thought so, I just wanted someone else opinion. It looks like the front sight house/tower is on by two roll pins. I'm going to contact the manufacturer and see what they say.
Top Top