Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/15/2004 12:38:11 PM EST
I just scratched the dual aperature sight piece trying to install it. I have picked up another and would like for someone to show me the light. There must be a procedure to make this easy, is there? Compress the spring with the sight and insert the threaded screw. Sounds simple but I had trouble with it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:53:20 PM EST
The best way I found it to put the aperture on top of the spring and thread the windage adjust screw into it a couple of threads, until the windage adjust screw touches the other end of the sight base. Then use a screwdriver or some other blunt instrument, push the unthreaded side of the windage adjust screw down against spring pressure, trying to align it with the hole. When it is close to lining up, push on the windage screw from the opposite end and it should slide into the hole some. Then completely screw the windage adjust screw in. Sometimes you can just push it in, but I find that threading it in some makes it easier to push it in if it is threaded in some.

Alot of words, but no pics. Maybe I can work up some pics for you later, if you need them. If needed, let me know and I'll disassemble a sight for you and reassemble with pics at each step.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:00:16 PM EST
Very clear, simple and appreciated.
Top Top