Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/8/2018 10:57:25 PM EDT
I recently finished a 9mm SBR using an A1 upper and standard FSB.  I had to order the rear aperture separately, and wasn't all that easy to find.  The peep diameters are the same on both, which I assume one is for longer ranges (didn't make any difference out to 25 yards with the 9mm).  Will a dual peep A2 rear aperture work?  I'd like to get a larger rear peep for the 9mm...
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 4:27:18 AM EDT
[#1]
It will work fine.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 11:23:43 AM EDT
[#2]
A local Sheriffis office had a couple of AR-15’s with A-1 rear sights.   One deputy struggled in low light & CQB drills with the small aperatures so a local gun smith drilled out one of the two aperatures.    After being drilled out the smith used cold blue to darken the aperature and it was very difficult to tell it didn’t come that way from the factory.    Worked great for the deputy.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A local Sheriffis office had a couple of AR-15’s with A-1 rear sights.   One deputy struggled in low light & CQB drills with the small aperatures so a local gun smith drilled out one of the two aperatures.    After being drilled out the smith used cold blue to darken the aperature and it was very difficult to tell it didn’t come that way from the factory.    Worked great for the deputy.
View Quote
Was gonna suggest a similar fix
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Either way would work. Buying an A2 rear sight aperture would just be easier and might be cheaper. They can be found for under 10$.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe but gunsmith modified the Deputy's AR-15 rear sight aperature for free.    One of the advantages of living in Rural area with friends.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe but gunsmith modified the Deputy's AR-15 rear sight aperature for free.    One of the advantages of living in Rural area with friends.
View Quote
lol, I'm far far from that. A gun store turned a transfer down to me because he only deals in "tactical and self defense", and I was transferring a C&R Bolt Action.
No, I'm not joking. I have multiple other people I know who he said the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 11:06:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a big deal but I was a full time Police Officer with Credentials and a Gun Shop in a bigger city refused to sell me a hand cuff key.    I’ve seen other goofy stuff over the years but overall I’ve had pretty good luck with the good ole boys in rural areas
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, the A2 rear sight can directly replace the A1.

While doing so, you might also consider installing a windage knob in place of the standard
A1 adjustment drum (?).
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 4:59:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Or an old school "low light" A1 rear.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/552400A
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 8:17:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I replaced mine w an AO same plane or was it one from an ARMS sight...? I forget, but its not the original sight & works much better for me.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top