Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 7:31:04 AM EDT
I want to change my Bushy 20" A2 from HBAR to no-ban Gov't profile.  I've already decided not to send it out to be lightened/threaded, 'cause I needs that evil bayo lug too.  It seems that I have several choices, just can't decide on which one...

Which one would you pick?

Choice #1, do it myself:

New gov't profile barrel from Bushmaster
Action block
Barrel wrench  (already have)
Headspace gauges (I know, should have them anyway)

Choice #2, wuss out and order:

A2 upper with gov't profile barrel installed
Headspace gauges
use my bolt/carrier from hbar upper, since it only has about 500 rounds through it.

Choice #3, wuss out AND spend even more $$$ and buy:

Complete new A2 upper

I guess there is another option, that being buy a complete rifle, but that would cut into my funds for other projects.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Money best spent is choice #1.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Money best spent is choice #1.

+1. It will also be the one that will give you the most satisfaction, and you'll be setup to do barrel changes in the future.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd do #1 also.  You can sell your HBAR to recover some of the costs.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#4]
From everything I've read, the barrel assemblies come headspaced, and if you've got a Bushy and are putting a Bushy assembly on it, you could save that money. Check this thread.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top