Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/14/2004 7:31:04 AM EDT
I want to change my Bushy 20" A2 from HBAR to no-ban Gov't profile. I've already decided not to send it out to be lightened/threaded, 'cause I needs that evil bayo lug too. It seems that I have several choices, just can't decide on which one...

Which one would you pick?

Choice #1, do it myself:

New gov't profile barrel from Bushmaster
Action block
Barrel wrench (already have)
Headspace gauges (I know, should have them anyway)

Choice #2, wuss out and order:

A2 upper with gov't profile barrel installed
Headspace gauges
use my bolt/carrier from hbar upper, since it only has about 500 rounds through it.

Choice #3, wuss out AND spend even more $$$ and buy:

Complete new A2 upper

I guess there is another option, that being buy a complete rifle, but that would cut into my funds for other projects.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:43:41 AM EDT
Money best spent is choice #1.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:08:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Stickman:
Money best spent is choice #1.

+1. It will also be the one that will give you the most satisfaction, and you'll be setup to do barrel changes in the future.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:22:21 AM EDT
I'd do #1 also. You can sell your HBAR to recover some of the costs.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:20:13 PM EDT
From everything I've read, the barrel assemblies come headspaced, and if you've got a Bushy and are putting a Bushy assembly on it, you could save that money. Check this thread.
Top Top