Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2008 10:03:28 PM EDT
I'm trying to figure out a clean way to set up everything on my M4LE.  The way the riser and red-dot sit, just don't look right for some reason...maybe it's just me.  There's only so much I can do with what I have, especially if I want to keep that rear flip-up.  The riser kinda threw everything off, but I need it to make use of the optic and to co-witness with my buis.

I was able to get the surefire and VFG mounted to where the momentary button is right about where my thumb naturally sits, so that turned out rather convenient until I can grab a pressure switch or on/off clicker endcap.

Any suggestions?  If you have similar items, how are they set up on your rifle?  This is my first AR and I understand that it depends on what fits me best, I just don't know what fits me yet...or if there's a right/wrong way to be mounting my add-ons.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:59:21 AM EDT
Need the riser?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:23:10 PM EDT
Yes, I need the optic to sit 1/2" high so it doesn't run in to the back of the FSB...and so I can co-witness the sights.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:42:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/19/2008 4:45:04 PM EDT by zaskar017]
my suggestion to you, if you like the idea of having a red dot is to get a new red dot.

there are budget red dots that function well and are similar to an aimpoint

vortex strikefire (industry section)

S.P.O.T. there are lots of threads

burris xts
you would need to buy a mount for this one.  i believe it is made by the same company as the SPOT

there are lots of threads on these three sights

i went with a SPOT in the ARMS mount.  picked up the mount and cantilever spacer for quite a bit cheaper than retail on the EE
mine is about 1/2 way down the page
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:17:58 PM EDT
How much better/different are they in comparison to my Tasco?

I know there's better than what I have, but mine seems to work fairly well.  Solid, bright dot, windage and elevation adjustments, etc.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:38:41 PM EDT
Congrats on your first...

Only worry about what "looks right" when you've got it shouldered. Just practice with it and see what feels right. Aesthetics are secondary.

Personally, I like everything mounted as close to my body as I can get it.
Top Top