Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2003 1:28:03 PM EDT
This question is in part your guys fault so I have come to you for the answer.

How is it your fault?  Until this site I've never owned more than one of the same rifle.

What I've noticed is that my kit rifle, J&T 20" A2, has a higher rate of fire than my brand new Bushmaster XM15 M4.  In other words, I can squeeze off more rounds more quickly.  Using the same technique on the M4 as the A2, I find I sometimes squeeze the trigger before the bolt returns, key being same technique.

The Bushmaster manual is no help for it claims only a 55 round/minute rate.

Any ideas or comments would be appreaciated.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
it could have sumthing to do with smoother triggers. dunno..also the length of barrel makes a diff. with heavier barrel youll more than like get back on target quicker..i have noticed the same thing..i have a bushy diss. with HB and bi-pod..and then i have a super lite weight built gun..i can sustain higher rate with bushy.so dunno. lol.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I am very happy with the rate of fire of my new OLY CAR-97 M4 like substance out of the box stock except for the RRA Tactical entry handle.  It really loosened up after about 200 rounds.  Take a look.......

[url]http://www.autoglassparts.com/guns/video/olyROF.wmv[/url]

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, now I am jealous!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top