[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
How much are they at BDU?
View Quote

$350 + $6.95 shipping
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:27:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Global_Cooling] [#2]
Does BDU have a store front. I'd drive to Gainesville to pay in cash.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#3]
My dog has lived a good life. Fuck it. I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#4]
So legally, what's the worst case here? Bump stock style ban or actual dogs shot raids? Or does it even matter at this point?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:55:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: big_aug] [#5]
Any chance these would work in B&T APC9s with some modifications?  AR15 triggers can work in the APC guns.

I wish I knew my shit beyond basic maintenance.  I'd order one and screw around with it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
So has TacCon filed for patent infringement yet, or are they even still an entity?
View Quote

Franklin will white knight for them.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 4:27:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kharn] [#7]
I wonder about adding a tab to the "locking bar" to interact with the selector, so in a non-bump fire position, the locking bar is pushed forward into the disconnected position (as if the carrier were closed). Then widen the trigger so a traditionally styled disconnector could be added to interact with the hammer, and with a tail to interact with a new selector so the traditionally styled disconnector can be disabled when the selector is on bump. The traditionally styled disconnector would sit alongside the slap-producing bump, and the rifle would produce a slap no matter which position the selector was in (bump vs non-bump).

With the selector on non-bump, the traditional style disconnector would hold the hammer during cycling if the slap was insufficient to reset the trigger against finger pressure.
With the selector on bump, the new locking bar would hold the trigger during cycling as currently sold.

Or, could it work with only modifying the hammer, trigger,  and selector for the non-bump-only disconnector and leave the locking bar alone?

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't see this one staying legal. From what I've gathered, if a person were to tie a rubber band with a knot around the trigger and pull it tight one time, the forced reset would cause the weapon to continue to fire (as long as the rubber band isn't so tight as to prevent reset). That's a single pull of the trigger IMO. Also I think this will be attacked as unsafe. A trigger that requires mental focus to avoid rapid-firing unintentional rounds will make attorneys, lawmakers and Karens riot in the streets. Imagine a guy showing it off to his drunk buddy with a full mag for the first time, or the shooter with cold hands or gloves on.
It looks fun, but I predict it will be bad for 2A - more ammunition for the anti-gun crowd.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 7:45:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I just ordered one from BDU. Start 2021 off with an ATF visit shortly lol.

FYI they are selling like hot cakes on BDU. Their first batch sold out this morning and then was restocked with around 400 and now down to 100ish units left.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Kharn:
I wonder about adding a tab to the "locking bar" to interact with the selector, so in a non-bump fire position, the locking bar is pushed forward into the disconnected position (as if the carrier were closed). Then widen the trigger so a traditionally styled disconnector could be added to interact with the hammer, and with a tail to interact with a new selector so the traditionally styled disconnector can be disabled when the selector is on bump. The traditionally styled disconnector would sit alongside the slap-producing bump, and the rifle would produce a slap no matter which position the selector was in (bump vs non-bump).

With the selector on non-bump, the traditional style disconnector would hold the hammer during cycling if the slap was insufficient to reset the trigger against finger pressure.
With the selector on bump, the new locking bar would hold the trigger during cycling as currently sold.

Or, could it work with only modifying the hammer, trigger,  and selector for the non-bump-only disconnector and leave the locking bar alone?

Kharn
View Quote

Great idea! Send me a sketch, if it happens I’ll get you one free.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:47:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By d16man:
I'm going to be building a PSA AR-V soon...one of you guys try it on an ar9 and let me know.
View Quote

There will be a 9mm version.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Could this work on an MPX or MCX?
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#14]
For those in the Orlando area and want one but want to pay in cash RBT commented on their Facebook that there will be someone at the Orlando Gun Show with a few hundred of them

Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By mban2:
View Quote
BDU says nope

Rare Breed Triggers FRT - 15 | BDU Exclusive

Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I  watched the vinmeo video explaining the cycle of operations of this trigger, its literally an auto sear that just functions different. Id rather convert an AR to an M16 and not say a word and nobody would ever know then buy this and have it tracked back to me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By HK94dude:
BDU says nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTZFjejWpjY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HK94dude:
Originally Posted By mban2:
BDU says nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTZFjejWpjY

Damn.  I would love that on an MPX
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 9:03:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll pay a $50 up charge if anyone local is buying bulk
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 2:11:04 AM EDT
[#19]
I just bought one and now waiting for arrival.  All the 5.56 ammo I have left are green tips and the indoor ranges don't allow that here.  With the current ammo shortages it looks like I won't be able to try it anytime soon.  I may sell it for the right price, depends on how much staying under the radar is worth to you.  I also have a cat, which will probably survive an ambush better than a dog.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Worst case they come to your door and ask for it. It’s very unlikely that even happens though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By muricanwerewolf:
Worst case they come to your door and ask for it. It’s very unlikely that even happens though.
View Quote

P80 buy, build, shoot kits would like a word with you
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By iGottaDropADuce:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iGottaDropADuce:
Originally Posted By muricanwerewolf:

Is there any proof of this having happened to anyone?
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Might have a reason to go to the gun show now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 7:08:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: neinLG] [#24]
Originally Posted By Reset9:

Is there any proof of this having happened to anyone?
View Quote

I’ve seen a couple surrender forms from the atf to blanked out individual names and addresses  for p80 buy build shoot kits posted on social media. Legit looking enough for me to see they are grabbing them up.

ETA: some poor guys copy in the article. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/12/11/polymer80-kits/
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Forgive me if this has been asked before...
Will this trigger fit into a late model Colt 6920 style lower?
I ask because I see the force lever is behind the trigger group and wonder if the Colt style block and shelf interfere?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Jack007:
Forgive me if this has been asked before...
Will this trigger fit into a late model Colt 6920 style lower?
I ask because I see the force lever is behind the trigger group and wonder if the Colt style block and shelf interfere?
View Quote
If it has a bridge it won't fit. If it has a normal pocket cutout it will fit.

Snap a pic of the inside and post it, I'll let you know if it fits.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I assume this is a "bridge"?
I guess I'd have to mill it out then...

I've never posted an image here so it may not show up.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I can't see the image. Email it to jaqufrost at gmail and I'll post it for you.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:49:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSU] [#29]
I assume this is a "bridge"?
I guess I'd have to mill it out then...

I've never posted an image here so it may not show up.

https://imgur.com/a/JgHUcSz
View Quote

Won’t work in that lower.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:51:31 PM EDT
[#30]
For those with lots of money to burn, will the FRT work shooting 300 BLK subsonics?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By AKSU:

Won't work in that lower.
View Quote
Yep. The bridge will block it.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By AKSU:
For those with lots of money to burn, will the FRT work shooting 300 BLK subsonics?
View Quote
Yes. It doesn't care as long as it's an M16 cut carrier that will push the locking bar forward.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Do you have to be a paid member in order to post inline pics?
I searched around and couldn't find anything that explained what to do once you had an image hosted and a link.
Sorry to sound illiterate.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:19:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSU] [#34]
Do you have to be a paid member in order to post inline pics?
I searched around and couldn't find anything that explained what to do once you had an image hosted and a link.
Sorry to sound illiterate.
View Quote

No
I use Imgur also. It’s easy.
Click on your image in Imgur,
Tap the upload button,
Hit copy
Then hit the image icon here and copy to the box that pops up,
Hit submit and voila
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:56:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack007] [#35]
So a few minutes in the mill and hopefully that will allow clearance for this trigger?

Now to see if I understood how to post an inline image?

Click on your image in Imgur,
Tap the upload button,
View Quote

When I click on my image in Imgur, it doesn't give me an "upload button". Just a number of different options of links.

Okay I'll try again following instructions. :-)

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#36]
https://imgbb.com/upload is good. You have to upload it, click the thumbnail, and then get the full url.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:20:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amberlamps3] [#38]
Just got mine today and went out for a few mags.

Running a 14.5 DDM4A1 with a normal Milspec carbine buffer and I was able to get 4-5 rounds off before I would get a jam or FTF. I was using USGI metal mags and a Gen 2 pmag using wolf gold 55 grain. ROF was pretty awesome though.

To those you have one, have you been able to get a whole mag off without any jamming or FTF? Or is there a sweet spot that I’m missing. Overall it’s super fun for $350
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:07:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By amberlamps3:

Running a 14.5 DDM4A1 with a normal Milspec carbine buffer and I was able to get 4-5 rounds off before I would get a jam or FTF. I was using USGI metal mags and a Gen 2 pmag using wolf gold 55 grain. ROF was pretty awesome though.

To those you have one, have you been able to get a whole mag off without any jamming or FTF? Or is there a sweet spot that I’m missing. Overall it’s super fun for $350
View Quote

I don’t have one but I’m pretty sure I’ve read they suggest using an H or H2 buffer. Swap out the Carbine buffer and I’ll bet it’ll run well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:12:17 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I didn't have any FTF or jams. What happened with me is I was holding the trigger too tight so it didn't reset properly.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:04:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By socommatthews:

I don’t have one but I’m pretty sure I’ve read they suggest using an H or H2 buffer. Swap out the Carbine buffer and I’ll bet it’ll run well.
View Quote

Yes thats what I’ll probably do then, however from the videos I’ve seen there is an indication that the H buffer slows the bolt down too much. We’ll see.

I think I wasn’t letting the trigger reset and was holding it down too much and a new round wouldn’t cycle. Need more time to tune and figure it out. I already want to get an AR9 just to have even more fun.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:06:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ahrion:

I didn't have any FTF or jams. What happened with me is I was holding the trigger too tight so it didn't reset properly.
View Quote

I believe that’s what I was doing now that I think about it. I couldn’t squeeze the trigger unless I cycled a new round and reset the trigger.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:24:04 AM EDT
[#43]

I believe that’s what I was doing now that I think about it. I couldn’t squeeze the trigger unless I cycled a new round and reset the trigger.
View Quote

Hold it with about 3-4 lbs of force. Don't pulled it super crazy tight and it will pop off perfect.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Went to the gunshow in Orlando yesterday (Jan 10), and Rare Breed had a small table way in the back.

By 11:30 am Sunday (last day of the show) they had only 4 left.
$400 cash out the door ($410 by credit card).

I chatted a bit with the owner of the company, and he wouldn't go into any detail about how this design came to be. He did say "I own the patent".

Hats off to anyone who can sell out of something that's $400 per unit and probably costs $25 to make (not being snarky: it's called capitalism, and it keeps the lights on for all of us).

Predicting ban in 37 days.

G.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#45]
If anyone from the gun show has extras let me know

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By d16man:
I'm going to be building a PSA AR-V soon...one of you guys try it on an ar9 and let me know.
View Quote

Not working on my 9mm build. Hand cycling works fine, so I’m going to keep messing with it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#48]
I was almost over the edge to buy one until I saw it wasn't working with AR9's... RIP
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Pudwak:

Not working on my 9mm build. Hand cycling works fine, so I’m going to keep messing with it.
View Quote

Don't hold the trigger too tight.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Tiempos_Peligrosos:I really do wish someone would make such a thing for Glocks!
View Quote
If you don't already know how to moderate a G18 trigger that could get nasty.  It is some serious fun, at a way serious cyclic rate, but is not something for the unpracticed.

I watched Shooty McBeard's short vid on this trigger at his Twitter place and he's no novice.  Was able to get 2-rd dumps out of it.  Then after a bit it started doing 2 rds, and he had to clear it, 2 rds, and he had to clear it.  Not sure what the exact malf turned out to be.  Frankly, given the strict functioning of it I don't care about the ATF.  I just think that without a way to no-shit select semi-auto it's a toy.  Unless you're setting up in overwatch with a bunch of D60's laying next to you, then it might be cool.  But the work that has to be added to make the thing run 1 or even 2 seems to be counter to previous practice; a different technique has to be learned and really focused on while you're simply trying to make a very deliberate shot.

Good for them though & good luck with it.
Page / 56
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top