BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 56
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 8:20:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jtb33] [#1]
Since the AR15 BCG is a key part of an FRT working correctly, those MG42's likely wouldn't work - at least not as a drop-in without significant modification.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Malum-Prohibitum:

For those of us who do not know what we are looking at, could you please explain?
View Quote

This is a user installable, adjustable trigger bar for the FRT15 trigger. This address the trigger bar spring issue, dead hammer/light primer strikes due to early trip issue and reset issues. All in one part, anyone can install.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:20:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lexustech48] [#3]
Delete
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 99HMC4:

This is a user installable, adjustable trigger bar for the FRT15 trigger. This address the trigger bar spring issue, dead hammer/light primer strikes due to early trip issue and reset issues. All in one part, anyone can install.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Malum-Prohibitum:

For those of us who do not know what we are looking at, could you please explain?

Would this be a fix for 9mm ramped BCGs?
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

Thanks for the explanation.  I admire your ingenuity.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Ingenious design. Is there an ETA?
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ahrion:

Ingenious design. Is there an ETA?
View Quote

Soon I hope. January 1 was supposed to be the date
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 1:03:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
Not great news. An FRT-15 hit the AFT forfeiture list posted today. Search for FRT or "Cody Gerken" of Iowa. I'm not sure if that means the raids have started, he voluntarily surrendered it, or what? It would be interesting to know.
View Quote

The FBI, BATFE, DEA, US Marshalls, ICE, Border Patrol, Homeland Security routinely investigate, raid, arrest and prosecute all sorts of people for all sorts of crimes. Based on the inventories posted in your bulletin it looks like prohibited persons in possession of firearms, or drug raids that found arms and ammo on scene.

Link Posted: 12/21/2021 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Soon I hope. January 1 was supposed to be the date
View Quote

Need to beat the ATF and any enforcement action . . .
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Called BIG DADDY UNLIMITED today to see if they had an ETA for the release of the Graves V2 ART trigger,
and they said 'No'.
Sounds like they are clueless on any info from Graves.

I think there was just the one prototype made, and nothing has been done after that.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 7:32:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK_Mike] [#11]
Originally Posted By Glock63:
Anyone know of a glock mag cut 9mm bolt assembly that will work with this trigger?
View Quote
PSA Gen4 9mm ramped bolt works fantastic with the RBT.  I use Glock mags in an Aero receiver set both dedicated mag well, and one with a converter adaptor.  I'm running suppressed most of the time so I use a 12oz buffer and Wolf extra power buffer spring.  It works fine with an 8.8oz buffer as well, but the 12 is smoother when suppressed.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AK_Mike:
PSA Gen4 9mm ramped bolt works fantastic with the RBT.  I use Glock mags in an Aero receiver set both dedicated mag well, and one with a converter adaptor.  I'm running suppressed most of the time so I use a 12oz buffer and Wolf extra power buffer spring.  It works fine with an 8.8oz buffer as well, but the 12 is smoother when suppressed.
View Quote

Thanks gentlemen. I'm gonna try a psa bolt. Ill be running it with an mvb arc stock and its proprietary buffer.  I dont recall what brand my current bolt even is
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AK_Mike:
View Quote

What gun are you using it in?  Never had much interest I'm 9mm AR's but a super short barreled pistol setup would be pretty slick.

Link Posted: 12/25/2021 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Emt1581:

What gun are you using it in?  Never had much interest I'm 9mm AR's but a super short barreled pistol setup would be pretty slick.

View Quote
I went with a 4" barrel on my 9mm AR.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/25/2021 4:57:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Emt1581] [#15]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
I went with a 4" barrel on my 9mm AR.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/57761/Resized_20211212_145517_jpeg-2216430.JPG
View Quote

I'm thinking a 4" on top of a RBT would be a hoot at the range and significantly more controllable than 5.56.

What can I stick in a 5.56 mag well to accept glock mags?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 2:46:48 AM EDT
[#16]

I'm thinking a 4" on top of a RBT would be a hoot at the range and significantly more controllable than 5.56.

What can I stick in a 5.56 mag well to accept glock mags?

Thanks
View Quote

Stern Defense is one of the adapters most highly spoken of.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 3:16:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AK_Mike] [#17]

View Quote
Home built.  PSA Gen4 9mm bolt in an Aero EPC 9 upper with LRBHO, Aero M4 lower with a PSA Glock Mag converter block, Midwest Hand guard, FRT, 12oz buffer, Wolf Extra Power buffer spring, 8" PSA barrel with HK 3 lug, Gemtech Raptor suppressor, Veridian green laser grip hook.  I have an Aero EPC 9 lower for Glock mags I am SBRing then I'll switch over to that but this current setup runs really well, never fails.  Supersonic ammo is still really quiet but I go subsonic for full effect. I also shoot it unsuppressed with a flash can attached and keep an extra lower with standard trigger in my rifle bag if I want to shoot it slow.  This gun gets filthy because of the suppressor, but I have yet to really clean it, it just keeps running.  It also works with an 8.8oz buffer I have but because of the suppressor and extra blowback, I stick with the 12oz.

Green laser and shooting some old Vector tracer
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
IOd pay cash for one right now.

I dont want records
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#19]
My local gunstore got a load of RB FRT's in and are selling them, cash only, cause that's the customers want
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 11:38:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EggyMean] [#20]
I’m no lawyer, but it looks like Big Daddy Unlimited is gonna get their PP smacked for copying the FRT (PDF Warning):

Big L Unlimited

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#21]
So basically, the judge says that RB has the right to continue raping people who want one of their poorly designed triggers, that requires $150+ worth of improvements to function correctly.

Hopefully BD will now release the Graves V2, which hopefully is new design altogether.
More than one way to skin a cat
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Overtravel can be fixed with a simple pin inside the spring.  Fifteen cents and ten minutes of time.  Really pretty simple to ensure it doesn't have problems kinking the spring.  

It would be nice to see Rare Breed include it from the factory to ensure people don't experience the issue.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Cressida:
So basically, the judge says that RB has the right to continue raping people who want one of their poorly designed triggers, that requires $150+ worth of improvements to function correctly.

Hopefully BD will now release the Graves V2, which hopefully is new design altogether.
View Quote

Welcome to earth, thats how a patent works... A pharmaceutical company that does the R&D to develop a good product can selling a pill for $50 that cost them probably half a cent to make
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Show me on the AR where the trigger touched you.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

So don't buy one and don't get raped, I guess?

I needed a heavier buffer, other than that my only cost has been ammo! I felt the price was acceptable for me to get a couple, feel free to buy or not
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Is this a BDU alt? All you do is shill for copycats
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:36:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By EggyMean:

Is this a BDU alt? All you do is shill for copycats
View Quote

He’s been spewing his garbage all over this thread for some time now…
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By loon_138:

I needed a heavier buffer, other than that my only cost has been ammo! I felt the price was acceptable for me to get a couple, feel free to buy or not
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By loon_138:

I bought a couple of different weight buffers and a stronger buffer spring.  That's it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Why the hatred for Rare Breed Triggers? They are the people that deserve our support! They are defending their product AND protecting their client list in court. Please explain why we should trust BDU for the WOT or Graves 2 trigger? Do you think they would put up a dime to fight in court like RBT, or roll over tits up and turn over customer lists? Do you think BDU is an honest company in light of the court accusations of patent infringement especially since they had exclusive retail dealer rights to the FRT 15 in the beginning?  
Please share your FRT 15 experience? If it doesn’t work, why can’t you sell it for cost on EE? I don’t see your beef? Replacement parts for the locking bar, locking spring and hammer springs are affordable and available on Rare Breed Firearms site - the replacement locking bars sell out fast but pop up frequently. RBT states that a H2 buffer and maybe a stiffer buffer spring may be needed, it does not cost an additional $150.00. I don’t see how RBT deceived us?
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Overtravel can be fixed with a simple pin inside the spring.  Fifteen cents and ten minutes of time.  Really pretty simple to ensure it doesn't have problems kinking the spring.  

It would be nice to see Rare Breed include it from the factory to ensure people don't experience the issue.
View Quote

That would be nice but I would just consider the locking bar spring a normal wear part. The replacement springs are available on Rare Breed Firearms site for the inflated price of $3.00. Just buy 10 of them and call it a lifetime.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I’m no lawyer, but it looks like Big Daddy Unlimited is gonna get their PP smacked for copying the FRT (PDF Warning):

Big L Unlimited

View Quote

Injunction granted, if RBT provides a $2MM bond to cover WOE's losses if WOE eventually prevails in defending against this suit.

Now, though, the defendant Wide Open Enterprises, LLC manufactures and sells the “Wide Open” trigger—a
device that was plainly copied from the FRT-15. That of course is not the test of patent infringement, but here the defendants are plainly infringing the patent.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ cease-and-desist
notice is not an important part of the analysis. To the extent it cuts either way, it
cuts in favor of the preliminary injunction. If indeed the FRT-15 is being sold
illegally by Rare Breed, then the Wide Open trigger is being sold illegally by the
defendants. On that view, the preliminary injunction will reduce illegal sales—a
result consistent with the public interest.

2. A preliminary injunction is entered as follows: The defendants must not
manufacture, market, sell, offer to sell, import, or transfer possession of any Wide
Open trigger or substantially similar device.

3. The preliminary injunction will take effect upon the court’s approval of
security posted with the clerk of court in the amount of Two Million Dollars
($2,000,000) for costs and damages sustained by a defendant found to have been
wrongfully enjoined.

Link Posted: 1/6/2022 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

Injunction granted, if RBT provides a $2MM bond to cover WOE's losses if WOE eventually prevails in defending against this suit.

Now, though, the defendant Wide Open Enterprises, LLC manufactures and sells the “Wide Open” trigger—a
device that was plainly copied from the FRT-15. That of course is not the test of patent infringement, but here the defendants are plainly infringing the patent.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ cease-and-desist
notice is not an important part of the analysis. To the extent it cuts either way, it
cuts in favor of the preliminary injunction. If indeed the FRT-15 is being sold
illegally by Rare Breed, then the Wide Open trigger is being sold illegally by the
defendants. On that view, the preliminary injunction will reduce illegal sales—a
result consistent with the public interest.

2. A preliminary injunction is entered as follows: The defendants must not
manufacture, market, sell, offer to sell, import, or transfer possession of any Wide
Open trigger or substantially similar device.

3. The preliminary injunction will take effect upon the court’s approval of
security posted with the clerk of court in the amount of Two Million Dollars
($2,000,000) for costs and damages sustained by a defendant found to have been
wrongfully enjoined.

View Quote

Yup, even if RB loses to ATF and it is ruled a MG, they still own the patent to a Post-Sample MG.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

This is a horrible idea. Don’t put a pin the the trigger bar spring…
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Big L Unlimited

View Quote

Interesting. I was the expert witness during this summers case. Looks good so far…
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 8:02:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 99HMC4] [#37]
Teaser….
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Sick!

You guys are doing great work.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#39]

This is a horrible idea. Don't put a pin the the trigger bar spring
View Quote
Why not?
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Why not?
View Quote

Because it doesn’t work. It still allows the spring to kink, it can cause binding and when you make the “guide rod” to long, it bottoms out/stops the trigger bar from moving. But the carrier sill moves.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 12:07:46 AM EDT
[#41]
And they are no longer needed with the Gen 2.  I've run thousands and thousands (6K+) of rounds through my first FRT, no appreciable wear, no kinked spring though I bought spares if I ever did need one.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#42]

Haven't  followed this thread as closely as I meant to. What are we looking at?
I get the RBT emails often. Thinking very hard at getting one of the triggers.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By jtb33:
I'd pay a pretty penny for one for the MP5.
View Quote

Me too. A neighbor has a binary trigger for his Zenith. The rhythm is very easy to get used to in it. Makes a nice little rainbow of brass.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Of what?
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:12:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: themagikbullet] [#45]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

Of what?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

Of what?

https://www.instagram.com/armamentweaponry/p/CU_a6xOlow9/?utm_medium=copy_link
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:56:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nunya_beezwax] [#46]
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
Not great news. An FRT-15 hit the AFT forfeiture list posted today.
View Quote

Why post fear mongering posts?  Shit like this gets seized every day and has absolutely nothing to do with the FRT-15 at all.  When they come to take your stuff,  they take EVERYTHING, whether it's a "machine gun" or not.  It's called civil forfeiture.  Since property isnt a human,  it has NO RIGHTS to "due process".  So if the govt seizes your shit,  you dont get it back even if you're "innocent".  Once property has been deemed "possibly guilty of a crime" (even though no due process has taken place),  it becomes subject to "civil forfeiture".  In otherwords,  it's literally legal for the govt to steal from it's citizens.  Civil Forfeiture has been a problem for DECADES ever since it became law (look up civil forfeiture abuse,  it's disgusting the shit that has taken place).  That list you posted is LITERALLY a civil forfeiture list.  Thus, anyone pointing to it and saying "SEE LOOK! They are taking FRT-15s!" is a complete moron.

Stop with the unnecessary fear mongering.  I like reading non-fear mongering posts only and I rarely if ever actually post, but I DO read a lot here and have for a long time.  If you have actual proof that backs up claims that the FRT-15 is somehow being seized from people simply because they own one, then THATS when you can start posting about FRT-15 seizures.  Until then,  it's nothing more than fear mongering garbage,  something we dont need any extra helpings of since the Libtards are doing enough as it is currently with all the CV-19 horseshit.

A non-fear mongering link that is better to read than the FBI seizure list is stuff like this:  https://www.thebulwark.com/maine-bans-civil-asset-forfeiture/

Nice name btw :P  Almost felt like I was replying to myself lol.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:26:53 PM EDT
[#47]
What weight or type buffer spring works best with the FRT? I ordered a trigger on Sunday. Shipping notice sunday morning.
I have buffers of different weights to try.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:51:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#48]
Originally Posted By 50cal:
What weight or type buffer spring works best with the FRT? I ordered a trigger on Sunday. Shipping notice sunday morning.
View Quote

This is the one I bought, recommended to me by Jaqufrost. I first tried it with an H2 buffer, and it worked very well.

https://www.blitzkriegcomponents.com/sprinco-extra-power-buffer-spring-ar15-carbine-red.html

I had originally tried an H3 buffer, but with a standard spring, and I was getting very frequent failures to return to battery.  Basically stripped the top round halfway and then stopped.  Almost every round with the occasional 2-4 round string with a very low rate of fire.

I swapped in the red spring and the H2 buffer, and it ran very well.  The next time I go out, I will try the red spring with the H3 to see what the difference is.  I figure it will also work, with a slower rate of fire than the H2 buffer.

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:56:20 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote
H3 buffers for 5.56 and extra power recoil spring like SpringCo Red or Wolff Extra Power (which is what I run in all mine).  I run an 8.5oz or 12oz buffer in my suppressed 9mm PCC with FRT
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 1:11:03 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
H2 is my default starting weight. Standard spring or Sprico Red if you want an XP spring.

Some of it comes back to your individual gun, how much gas it has and how fast you want it to cycle. Generally H buffer or higher will solve the bolt bounce issues.
Page / 56
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top