Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/4/2003 8:13:04 PM EDT
anyone have any first hand knowledge on these.how are they compared to +P+ Hydrashock.

if anyone knows a good pistol ammo site please post it
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 8:47:44 PM EDT
If this is the load marked RA9TA 127 gr +P+, then it is very good ammo, as good or better than anything else on the market. It's far better than the Hydra-Shok, which is not a good performer. Like it's heavier brother, it expands well in bare gel, clothed gel and perps! Hehe. It does have more muzzle blast and recoil though, being it's a +P+ load. I still find it pretty mild anyway. If it's the older version with "SXT" in the product number instead of RA9TA, it is a less desirable load as it had some problems expanding in heavy clothing tests. Even so, I would just as soon have it as the 124 gr +P+ Hydra-Shok. -Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 8:55:38 PM EDT
After re-reading your post I take it you don't already have the ammo. If not, you may find the Ranger a little hard to get. Should you not be able to find any, the Speer 124 gr Gold Dot +P is also an excellent choice. In fact, it's pretty much right on par with the Ranger loads. A good place to get it is at [url]www.natchezss.com[/url]. And one of the best sites on the web for accurate, factual information on terminal performance of ammunition, check out [url]www.tacticalforums.com[/url]. -Charging Handle
Top Top