Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2009 9:17:12 PM EDT
I posted this in GD but it disappeared in about 5 seconds... I should have known. So here it is for the AR guys/non-trolls to peruse.

Got wet today while wringing out my newly configured AR. CMMG LW midlength14.5 upper on a NODAK "Restricted: Civilian Use Only" lower.

It really f'ing rained on me today. Got a little practice in anyhow, and re-verified that my HD carbine in its new configuration will WORK and that my trusty Glock 19 will work with the TLR-1 on it, even after the deluge began.

New add-ons to the AR are as follows:
DD Omega 9.0 rail
Gear Sector 2-pt sling
TD stubby VFG
Surefire 6P w/NVT upgrade lamp
Chopped carry handle rear sight
Link to "before" pic of AR (on a nice day)

I hadn't cleaned the AR in a while, and it had about 600+ rounds of .22LR through it with a CMMG conversion kit. I ran another 300 or so before switching to mixed XM193 and Wolf –– no problems! Woo hoo! No hitches from the Glock and by golly it's even EASIER to shoot with the light on it. Got home and... talk about a WET and DIRTY AR!! Globs of crap in the upper and water running out of everything.

Also pictured is my private gravel pit "range", and my Evil Black Jeep which gets me there. I was alone today so no "action" shots, but to summarize, it was wet and cold and I was the weak link, not my equipment.

Fun, though cleaning hasn't been so far... I wish I had an air compressor.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Good looking kit you have there.
Hey, rain or shine, any time one can get out shooting, test new gear and find it functions to satisfaction makes for a great day.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:27:28 PM EDT
[#2]
cylinders for rear hatch 49.99
extention cord 19.99
nummeress holes in 55 gal. drums........priceless
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#3]
That poor hockey stick!

ETA: At least eastons are good for something
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
extention cord 19.99I think those are jumper cables

I was a nice rifle, but you got it all wet so it's junk now.

Gotta  love the 14.5 middy.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy Crap!  AR's work when it's raining?  What'll they think of next.  Now we don't have to wait for nice days to fight wars.  This should work out nicely for our military.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy Crap!  AR's work when it's raining?  What'll they think of next.  Now we don't have to wait for nice days to fight wars.  This should work out nicely for our military.

I know, right? Now I have to get tacticool rain gear.

To the guys above: yes, it's a hockey stick, and it came with the truck. It works great and isn't needed once the temps outside hit 60 degrees or so. Those are jumper cables,  and those 55gal drums have taken a LOT of fire over the years.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top