Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/22/2006 9:33:03 PM EDT
It's a Eagle lower with DPMS LPK and an ArmaLite upper assy.

Anyway.  I chambered a Winchester (55gr FMJ) round, took aim and CLICK.  Nothing.  Ejected and chambered another.  Same thing.  Tried five or six more times with the same result.  Upon inspection, I noted the primers had a small dimple.  Upon further inspection, I noted the dimple was not due to chambering.  I pulled the carrier and could move the f/p moving freely.  Closed it all up and tried again.  Same result.  After considering going to the house, I tried some Remmy ammo which I had in another mag.  Perfect function for all 20 Remmy rounds.  Then I once again tried (previously unchambered) Winny ammo.  Perfect function.  I fired the rest of the win.  In total I fired 20 Rem then 40 Win.  with no problems after the initial smeg-up.  I'm scratching my head.  Does anyone know what in the smeg happened?????
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:44:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats weird, i think your firing pin may have been stuck,maybe it came loose when you took  the bolt out? Someone with more knowledge will be along shortly.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I had it out again yesterday and it ran great.  Not one failure.  Mabye it was a "breaking in" issue, although I've never heard of that one.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top