Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2005 5:35:42 PM EDT
I took my Bushmaster 16in carbine to the range today. Temp. was around 5 degrees. I loaded up my Beta C mag with Wolf polymer cased FMJ and had tons of jams. I then filled up the Beta C mag with Winchester Q3131A and had zero problems.

Bottom line is my Beta C mag does not like Wolf.

I did not have enough Wolf to put in my standard 30 rounders. I had only bought enough Wolf to fill my Beta C mag as I usually dont shoot Wolf through anything but my AK's.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Not enough detail!

If you were getting FTF's, I'd bet your gun was short-stroking.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Why are you assuming it's your beta that doesn't like the wolf? Maybe it's your gun.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#3]
If I would have had more Wolf I could have loaded up those 30 rounders to see if it was my rifle that didnt like it or just the Beta C mag. I think I will try that on my next range day.

I love Wolf for my AK's but I won't be buying anymore of it for my AR's.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]
To tell you the truth. I would be concerned if my gun didn't run Wolf fine. A combat/defense rifle shouldn't be picky.

Better make sure it is just the Cmag. You might need to polish the chamber or at least rule out the possibility of a tight chamber and/or a bad extractor.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I am going to pick up some more Wolf and run it through my 30 rounders. If it doesnt work correctly. Then I will not be buying anymore Wolf. Q3131A has never gave me any problems, and my rifle eats it up as fast as I can pull the trigger in my Beta C mag and my 30 rounders. And in a defensive situation, I will do what I have always planned to do. Grab my AK, becuase I believe it is the best designed rifle ever made.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Update:

Bought some Wolf 55gr FMJ. Put graphite in the Beta mag and loaded it up to 100 rounds. Every round went off and it functioned perfectly. I also shot a couple of 30 round mags of the Wolf too. Functioned perfectly.

I have determined that my initial problem was that the Beta mag was new and did not have any graphite in it.

The Wolf makes my rifle dirtier than Q3131a but is a lot cheaper. Bottom line is I will be buying cases more of the Wolf and also the Q3131.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top