Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/2/2005 10:03:49 AM EDT
Well, it was nasty as hell so I couldn't (didn't want to) go prone to BZO my rifle. Instead I just got the Aimpoint in the ballpark and wasted some ammo....um I mean tested reliability.

The first round was a FTE, and in clearing that I cause a double feed but after that it was all gravy.

I slow fired one 30rnd mag, then bumped the two new bushy 30 rounders I bought. I only ran 20 in each because I only brought one extra box of rounds.

The M4 LOVES Winchester white box. I could bump 2 and 3 rounds from shoulder level. (First time bumping). And come close to hitting something. No failures of any kind.

I should mention that this is a chrome lined barrel, so I wasn't worried about break in. I can't wait to get a dry day to BZO and see what kind of accuracy I can get.

I am now hooked on bump-firing too. Great new way to convert money into scrap brass.

Thanks to all you guys who contributed to the info on this board. I couldn't have done it without you!
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 3:41:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm probably an idiot for asking but what is "bump firing"?
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#2]
It's when your standing next to your shooting partner and bump hips together as you fire...
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#3]
SSSHHHHHH, arfcom secret.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's when your standing next to your shooting partner and bump hips together as you fire...

I thought it requires hip deep water.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's some info on bump firing -hope that helps. Bump Fire!!!

tomcat  
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey LWUSMC,

How did the Homo_Erectus Barrel install work out for you? Did the barrel come loose or did the barrel nut move? The barrel doesn't twist in the receiver does it?
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Barrel nut didn't seem to move. I only got about 70 rounds through it.

40 were from 20rnd. mag dumps though. Barrel was too hot to touch when I was done.

If it clears up this week anytime I am going to try to get some accuracy tests and run another 100 rounds.

As soon as I find out what kind of ammo this thing likes (or dislikes) I will start the torture test.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds good!

Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#9]
what zipcode in IN are you?  just curious to see where else I may be able to go shooting.

Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
what zipcode in IN are you?  just curious to see where else I may be able to go shooting.

47711 If you are close, let me know.

Quoted:
A Marine that bump-fires??

I have to do something since they didn't let me keep the M16A2 and I don't have $14-17k to buy my own.

Besides anything that expends a maximum amount of ordinance in a minumum amount of time puts a grin on my face.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I tooke her out again today and dumped some crap ammo through it as fast as I could.

I just did the 15min trigger job and wanted to see if I got any FTF's.

I used some of the Spectrum plastic crap, some Wolf laquer, and anothe 30rnds of winchester white box. Not a single malfunction.

I also found out I can bump with decent accuracy. The barrel was smoking when I was done. $ mag pretty much as fast as I could run them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#13]
i'm in 46307- 1/4 mile from the intersection of I-65 and IN 231 in Crown Point.  

No decent place to shoot around here.  pretty much way too developed...

closest place for me would be willow slough down route 41 1.2 or so hours or jasper-pulaski state park 1.5 hrs away.  j.p. is a very nice place to shoot.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top