Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2006 8:30:41 AM EDT
Does anyone have a range report for this ammo?  I am currently debating this ammo which is being sold at Sportsmans Guide:
SG Winchester m855

And the LC "Front Line" ammo at AmmoMan:
FRONT LINE FACTORY SEALED AMMO

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Does anyone have a range report for this ammo?  I am currently debating this ammo which is being sold at Sportsmans Guide:
SG Winchester m855

And the LC "Front Line" ammo at AmmoMan:
FRONT LINE FACTORY SEALED AMMO

Any thoughts?

Both the same.  I have bought I and shot a load of it from two 14 1/2 BMs a 16" BM and a 20" Colt.  All 100% good.  BTW, it's same ammo the only difference is the way it's packed.  Ammoman sells it in bandos and a can.   SG used to have online coupons.  I will check.
You might want to read this first----http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=335943      If someone could make this link lhot for me I would appreciate it,
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I have read the thread on ammoman.  I would rather not have this thread be converted into a bash ammoman thread.  I have been ordering from him for a long time, and although I am not a devout follower of his, I will continue to order from him when he has something I need.

Back to the ammo.
They can't be the same ammo, as one is made by winchester, and the other by federal at lake city.  Or am I wrong?

Troy, do you have any personal experience with these?
I know there is alot of speculation as to the origin of the ammoman stuff, but that does not concern me.  Only how well it functions.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#3]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=335943

Both has the same specs. Here is a musicial example: the note(s) "A sharp" and "B flat" have difference names; however sound-wise both are the exact same "tone".
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have read the thread on ammoman.  I would rather not have this thread be converted into a bash ammoman thread.  I have been ordering from him for a long time, and although I am not a devout follower of his, I will continue to order from him when he has something I need.

Man, for a 17 post non paying member you sure are cocky.  Buy it from Ammoman.  You should get along fine.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:38:05 AM EDT
[#5]
lol, thats funny.  

cocky?  not sure how you got that.  Just stating facts in a non biased way. I have seen the ammoman thread posted in response to many non related threads in the ammo forum.  Give it a rest.

You seem a bit defensive.  Thin skinned perhaps?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=335943

Both has the same specs. Here is a musicial example: the note(s) "A sharp" and "B flat" have difference names; however sound-wise both are the exact same "tone".

BlueMushrooms,
Thanks for the reply.  I understand they are both loaded to the M855 spec, but that does not make them equal.  I am just looking for some feedback from people who have experience shooting them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
lol, thats funny.  

cocky?  not sure how you got that.  Just staing facts in a non biased way. I have seen the ammoman thread posted in response to many non related threads in the ammo forum.  Give it a rest.

No, Just don't feel well today.  Welcome to the forum
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:47:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
lol, thats funny.  

cocky?  not sure how you got that.  Just staing facts in a non biased way. I have seen the ammoman thread posted in response to many non related threads in the ammo forum.  Give it a rest.

No, Just don't feel well today. he

Thanks man!  Sorry to hear you are under the weather.  I like it much better when everyone gets along.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Both the same.

But ONE surely must be MORE MAGICAL than the other!!  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Both the same.

But ONE surely must be MORE MAGICAL than the other!!  hr

So Lake City M193 is the same as Wolf M193, because they are loaded to the same spec, right?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Both the same.

But ONE surely must be MORE MAGICAL than the other!!  

So Lake City M193 is the same as Wolf M193, because they are loaded to the same spec, right?

For purposes of this idiotic thread?  YES!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Both the same.

But ONE surely must be MORE MAGICAL than the other!!  hr

So Lake City M193 is the same as Wolf M193, because they are loaded to the same spec, right? hr

For purposes of this idiotic thread?  YES!

I post a simple request for a range report, and this is the type of BS response I am subjected to?  WTF are you?  Your post count is high, and mine is low, so this gives you the right to come onto my thread and be an total ahole?  Is that it?

Let me make this clear to you markm.  If you have nothing useful to add regarding the original ammo question, DONT BOTHER POSTING.  Got it?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Let me make this clear to you, markm.  If you have nothing useful to add regarding the original ammo question, DONT BOTHER POSTING.  Got it?

Whoa!  Calm down, Tiger!!  There's no need to start getting all violent and such!  Step back and count to 10.  We like to keep things loose around here.  Even though you're high strung, it doesn't mean we won't get along fine.

I don't judge anyone on their post count.  I was against Goatboy's decision to put it back under the usernames.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#14]
optionstrader, don't worry too much about MarkM.  I've been here for just a short while and I've come to find out that markm is like this on almost every thread on ar15.com.    

I don't think he actually means anything by it, he's just the resident smart-ass.  

-X
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Let me make this clear to you, markm.  If you have nothing useful to add regarding the original ammo question, DONT BOTHER POSTING.  Got it?

Whoa!  Calm down, Tiger!!  There's no need to start getting all violent and such!  Step back and count to 10.  We like to keep things loose around here.  Even though you're high strung, it doesn't mean we won't get along fine.

I don't judge anyone on their post count.  I was against Goatboy's decision to put it back under the usernames.  

Blah Blah Blah. Thanks for posting more useless garbage on this thread. have

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#16]
IBTL
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
optionstrader, don't worry too much about MarkM.  I've been here for just a short while and I've come to find out that markm is like this on almost every thread on ar15.com.  hink
-X

I hear ya.  The problem is, this thread is trashed now, and there is no way I will get any useful responses regarding the original question, because legitimate posters will now have to wade through all the BS.  If people want to act like babies, they should hang out on the GD, not the ammo forum.  

Thanks though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Same spec like everyone stated... M855 made with the 62gr SS109 developed by FN.  Good stuff... shoots great out of all 1:7 to 1:9 barrel.  May want a heavier grain if you're running 1:12 or higher.

As for who makes what... well, LC is really no longer making ammo per-say.  Federal currently is using up all the left over LC stuff and finish it all up.  Nothing wrong with either... Windchester's probably using more current production brass/bullet to manufacture their ammo.

~nb
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blah Blah Blah. Thanks for posting more useless garbage on this thread. ARFCOM is going to have to start charging you for wasting their bandwidth.  There is no wonder why your post count is so high.  Now go away.

Alright, Asswipe!  It tried to be pleasant with you.  You'll notice that I have indeed paid for a membership here?

Funny you're so worried about wasting bandwidth yet you're the one with the M855 vs. M855 thread.  The truth is one of them is 87 percent better than the other.  And I'm not telling you which!

I appreciate that you're embarrassed for asking a monumentally retarded question, but quit barking orders like you own the place.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
LC is really no longer making ammo per-say.

Where did you hear that?  Jesus I get frustrated at the dumb shit I read on this site!

Someone had better let the Army know to quit shooting cuz their ammo plant isn't making ammo per-se!

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Man Im so glad it aint me this time !!

I Did have Both?

Today I shot up all my Win M855!

And some LC M855 !

Out of MY AR`S the LC M855 has the edge!  but thats my AR`s !!

yours might be different?

Santa Barbra shoots the best out of all SS109/M855

But thats my AR`s
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
optionstrader, don't worry too much about MarkM.  I've been here for just a short while and I've come to find out that markm is like this on almost every thread on ar15.com.    

I don't think he actually means anything by it, he's just the resident smart-ass.  

-X

+1

Dont feel Bad!! I get it all the time!

you are not singled out
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blah Blah Blah. Thanks for posting more useless garbage on this thread. have  There is no wonder why your post count is so high.  Now go away.

Alright, Asswipe!  It tried to be pleasant with you.  You'll notice that I have indeed paid for a membership here? h  The truth is one of them is 87 percent better than the other.  And I'm not telling you which!

I appreciate that you're embarrassed for asking a monumentally retarded question, but quit barking orders like you own the place.

Hahahahaha.  Man you really should control that temper of yours.  LOL
You are just a little kid trying to play a big boys game.  Get a grip dude.
It is pretty sad you can't seem to grasp the fact that just because it's labled M855, its not all the same.  Haha.
To the mods of this board, now that markm the little boy has gotten his way and  trashed this thread, you may as well go ahead and lock it.  It's useless at this point.   Either way I will be moving on.

To the reasoned posters, thank you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't know about anyone else but I'm alot more knowledgable now than before I read this thread. Thanks to everyone who participated.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow, I'll answer optiontrader's question. I have both of these M-855 "frontline ammos" it shoots identical from my experience. I have 6 AR-15s 4 have the faster 1x7 twist rates (Colt & LMT) 2 are RRA 1x9. The boxed stuff whether LC, Winchester or IMI is excellent ammo that shoots 2moa on average for me. Troy has posted on the other M-855 thread on current production. If you sort out M-855 PD the performance is the same (3-5% defects). If you are looking for clean shiney ammo, the IMI M-855 stands out. IMI is not currently available due to demand over there, hopefully it'll be coming back. The boxed ammo is good for storage & use in case there is a Red Dawn. At $300.00 a case it's not everyday stuff. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Bought some from ammoman and it shoots great and was accurate in both my guns.. I believe the date was 2002 and it was still sealed in the US containers.
JR
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#27]
OK, I've shot about 2000 rounds of the ammo from the sportsmansguide, the discount on the ammo has paid for my "member's only" dues. It seems to be a good price  for the ammo and it gets delivered quickly.

That being said, it is M-855 PD and I've never chrono'd it so as to consistancy of FPS, I can't say. I have pulled and discarded maybe ten rounds from the whole lot. I have afew boxes in my safe yet to be sorted as well. I'm dissapointed that they don't include a "free" ammo can in the price anymore...

But, I think that it is prolly better ammo than I can shoot out of my iron sight ARs. I have 1-8 and 1-7 twist barrels and it seems to do about the same from both 16" barrels.

For me (YMMV) it is worth the price with the "member's only" discount thrown in. It seems to be about 10  to 20 bucks cheaper that way than anywhere else, including fun shows.

efxguy
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:26:10 AM EDT
[#28]
It comes two ways at Sportsman's Guide; on bandeleers and in boxes.  In boxes, 250 rounds can be purchased.  How many rounds come in a box (obviously not 20)?

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top