Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2004 4:49:50 AM EDT
I bought a Model 1 M4 kit and a DPMS lower receiver and put it together Monday evening.  Everything went together fine except I had to take the FC group apart to put the disconnector spring in since I forgot it the first time.  Kit looked good, finish good and matched the lower very well.  My first build!

Shot it yesterday.  No problems with functioning.  Fired around 300 rounds through it without a hitch.  Zeroed at 25m using M16A1 zero target.  Groups were about 1.5 inches!    The rear sight assembly is a little loose so I think that might be the problem.  Anyone know how to tighten t up, BTW?  I also had to adjust windage WAY right to get it on target.  The front sight is up farther than I'd prefer too.  Not horrible, but too high for me.  

I started off using FNM 87 ammo and it was all over the paper.  Switched to my reloads and groupls shrunk considerably.  It ate Wolf, reloads, Win white box, and M193 without a hitch.  Bump fired it as well.  Overall, I like it.  I would like it more if I can get the group size down to a respectabble bullet holes touching standard.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top