Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/11/2006 2:29:33 PM EDT
Yes, I know the title and the point of this thread are a little whack.  But I'm trying to create an image with the HK SL8 I just picked up.  I'm starting to piece the parts together to get a new receiver (or modify the one I have) for AR-15 mags.  Since I wanted to keep the Sig/H&K look to the rifle, I wanted a semi-clear mag.  

Anyone have any experience with Ram-Line stuff, or any compostie/clear mags?  I've tried searching and can't find a whole hell of a lot.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Try the Mag FAQ.  They aren't (nearly) as realiable as USGI-spec mags...  If you want a couple for the look, buy some but I wouldn't really depend on them... YMMV

TS
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If the fact the magazine does not work worth a crap does not bother you , go for it!

i wouldn't know that was a fact until i asked here I still can't find a definitive answer about G36 mags being able to work in the SL8 with modifications..  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:44:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If the fact the magazine does not work worth a crap does not bother you , go for it!

i wouldn't know that was a fact until i asked here

I still can't find a definitive answer about G36 mags being able to work in the SL8 with modifications..  

In order for the SL8 to accept G36 mags you have to add a G36 magwell and then the rifle falls under 922(r)

Top-Notch is the only game in town if you want to do the G36 conversion (with required US parts). If you SBR your rifle then you can
add all German parts and not worry with the 922(r) compliance.

Hope this helps  

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i wouldn't know that was a fact until i asked here he

In order for the SL8 to accept G36 mags you have to add a G36 magwell and then the rifle falls under 922(r)

Top-Notch is the only game in town if you want to do the G36 conversion (with required US parts). If you SBR your rifle then you can
add all German parts and not worry with the 922(r) compliance.

Hope this helps   hr

now you've got my attention...  I just need about a grand, and my Form 4 for a can and Form 1 (?) for the SBR
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top