Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2012 5:32:22 AM EDT
Guys, I'm new and have been lookin at AR's.
There is a lot of choices out there where you get overloaded
Read some older posts,internet research and like the Rainier RUC 16.
Seems like it's well put together and a good value for the money.
This gun will be for target,varmints and .223 caliber.
Any opinions/advice.

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:46:58 AM EDT
Do it. One of the top five options out there.

In my opinion:

Colt 6920
LMT sopmod
Spikes tactical patrol
Rainier ruc
BCM complete rifle
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:03:28 AM EDT
The RUC is a screaming deal...what I consider a high end rifle. I just bought one in the 14.5" version...didn't really need another AR, but had been thinking about a lightweight and at $1,295 I had to jump on it.

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I'm in love with how it handles and the overall quality (I've been around more than a few AR's too...worked in the family gun shop back in the 80's/90's). The Geissele SSA trigger is the icing on the cake...can't say enough good things about that trigger.

Speaking of the trigger, the one issue I did have is when I first got my RUC, the trigger was a little gritty...not enough that I thought it was bad (still way better than a standard GI trigger), but after hearing people talk about how smooth their SSA triggers were, I figured out that the trigger spring was just binding up or something....I took it out and reinstalled it, and now it's incredibly smooth.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:09:34 AM EDT
Do you know if they still have the trigger deal?
I tried to reach them yesterday & they were closed.
Will call Mike tomm.

Mark
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:18:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By zakjak221:
Do you know if they still have the trigger deal?
I tried to reach them yesterday & they were closed.
Will call Mike tomm.

Mark

Probably. They update their website on a regular basis, so I assume they will take that off the website when that deal is over.

Just FYI - I did read a review of the RUC on the other site, which was written a month before I got mine, and that customer was *incorrectly* telling everyone the trigger deal was over.

Another FYI - If you do miss out on the SSA, I would still buy that rifle. The Geissele OEM trigger used to be sold as the S2S trigger...it's very similar to the SSA, but about $40 less....they actually stopped selling them to the public because it was impacting sales of the SSA. A lot of people said they felt identical.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:38:48 AM EDT
Rainier Arms is tops in my book for anything they sell and their customer service rates among the best.
Top Top