Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2013 2:35:00 AM EDT
Looking to buy a SPR type barrel, the two barrels I have found are a Rainier Arms Select and a White Oak Armament. Other than the difference in twist (1/7 vs 1/8 twist) they appear to be similar. What are people opinions of each brand?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:50:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I've owned both and you can toss a coin.  I prefer 1/8 twist it will be more versatile and it will stabilize anything you can load in a mag (77 grain)
Compass lake is another one to look at there are a few more as well.
I wouldn't worry about regret they are both great barrels and great companies enjoy
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 4:31:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've owned both and you can toss a coin.  I prefer 1/8 twist it will be more versatile and it will stabilize anything you can load in a mag (77 grain)
Compass lake is another one to look at there are a few more as well.
I wouldn't worry about regret they are both great barrels and great companies enjoy

Yup^^^
Groups I shot the other day during zeroing with the rainier select 16". (coin is a dime)

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:34:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:(coin is a dime)

what else would the coin be?

hahaha..
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:08:04 AM EDT
[#4]
How would those two compare to BCM SS barrels?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think the trouble is going to be finding someone who has accuracy tested the barrels from all 3 sources.

I am personally between all of these options now.  My limited research has concluded that you really can't go wrong with either of these choices.  It will likely come down to what is available at that time.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#6]
agree, toss a coin but the 1/8 will give the better versatility.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

more accurate

The RA and WOA barrels really are fantastic barrels
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Rainier CV16 upper with a 16" middy Ultramatch barrel. I couldn't be more pleased.

This was the 2nd group I shot out of this barrel, Black Hills 68gr Heavy Match. I told John what I wanted the barrel to do when I ordered it and that was less than 1 MOA. I think they delivered. I don't see how you could go wrong with either Rainier or White Oak. If I could have found bought one of their barrels when I was building my pistol I would have. You can't beat their CS.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top