Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/26/2004 11:10:20 AM EST
I have ran search and looked at pics for hours on end but I cant find exactly what I want does anyone know where I can findpics of all the various manufactures Rail Systems mounted on rifles? I am mainly interested in seeing how they mate up to the receiver. Since the MRP is on backorder I am looking for a substitute, hopefully I can find something close to it?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:46:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/26/2004 11:53:41 AM EST by mongo001]
Since you have Wifey's permission to get an MRP, maybe you should consider a RECCE setup from MSTN with the Knight's URX. The total cost would probably be pretty close. It is close to the MRP, but it is not one piece. The other option for the MRP, continuous rail look is the Troy MRF.

Check out this link, you will see RECCE carbines built with a Knight's URX.

RECCE Carbines
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:21:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By MTNmyMag:
I have ran search and looked at pics for hours on end but I cant find exactly what I want does anyone know where I can findpics of all the various manufactures Rail Systems mounted on rifles? I am mainly interested in seeing how they mate up to the receiver. Since the MRP is on backorder I am looking for a substitute, hopefully I can find something close to it?

As Mongo001 said, if you better half has given the go ahead for an MRP, your questions seem alittle baffling.

What is the MRP configuration you are looking for? As far as I know MRP carbine & rifle uppers are availble with 16 & 18" SS barrels. Its only the chrome-lined barrels that have a long lead time 4-12+ weeks). I must admit this info was from Wes @ MSTN about 2weeks ago. My MRP is a carbine length with a 16" SS barrel. Its a shooter.

As far as the MSTN Recce clones, I have two, one in 5.56MM and one in 6.8SPC, both have DD9.0 FF fore ends (the first infamous twins). But they are SS Douglas 1:7/1:10 16.5" barrels. Both have yielded 5 rnd groups at 0.5MOA at 100M. I have another one in progress with Wes. If the continous rail is the the objective, then the URXII is the only options. You may find this just as hard to procure.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:39:47 PM EST
pic aint the greatest...but...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:00:10 PM EST
Pcurtis Wes says the MRP are way way backordered that Knights URX looks promising
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:11:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/26/2004 3:12:59 PM EST by mjohn3006]
I really like my Surefire M73.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:30:20 PM EST
A new Railed HG comes out nearly almost every week.

Some are VERRRRY nice- The LaRue comes immediately to mind.
I handled one a couple weeks back and was shocked at the quality,
fine machining, light weight and finish of the Larue Rail System. Very impressive.
The price is right as well.

That being said, There is still nothing wrong with the original, tried and true
Knight's RAS. Every other rail originated from the the Basic RIS/RAS and
at least to me, it is still the standard which all other railed forends should be judged by.

Top Top