Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2006 8:42:26 AM EDT
I am about to equip 2 of my AR's with a rail system. I am new to this rail thing. A search did not work for me. What do you guys suggest. I have looked at the Surefire system as well as Daniels Defense. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:51:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a 2 piece Midwest Industries Rail system that is amazingly solid.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a 2 piece Midwest Industries Rail system that is amazingly solid.

+1
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:10:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I am about to order the Midwest Industries #20 Free Float.  From what I'e heard MI has great stuff for the price.  I just don't have the money for a Larue or DD, but I'm happy with what I'm getting.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Daniel Defense or LaRue....
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#6]
i like the surefire its rock solid, and they stand behind their products.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Midwest Industries.  Go with their extended rails.  They are amazingly solid and actually MIL-SPEC in that they will come even with the rail on a MIL-SPEC A3.  Not Surefire tho.  They are good rails but they are quite a bit lower than the reciever rail.  Midwest Industries has great service and great products.  Their free floating rails rock.  They are rock solid.  I put one of their rail systems beneath each tire of a Ford Excursion and it didn't bend or get dinged.  They have low prices and amazing products.  GO MIDWEST! yay!

anyway thats my 2 cents.

EDIT: also their rail system allows the attachment of rails every 45 degrees with some nifty little thingies.  They are also rock solid.  Midwest Doesn't cut corners to save on production costs but they still retain phenominally low prices.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Midwest Industries.  Go with their extended rails.  They are amazingly solid and actually MIL-SPEC in that they will come even with the rail on a MIL-SPEC A3.  Not Surefire tho.  They are good rails but they are quite a bit lower than the reciever rail.  Midwest Industries has great service and great products.  Their free floating rails rock.  They are rock solid.  I put one of their rail systems beneath each tire of a Ford Excursion and it didn't bend or get dinged.  They have low prices and amazing products.  GO MIDWEST! yay!

anyway thats my 2 cents.

EDIT: also their rail system allows the attachment of rails every 45 degrees with some nifty little thingies.  They are also rock solid.  Midwest Doesn't cut corners to save on production costs but they still retain phenominally low prices.

How much do these things weigh?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#9]
anybody used the bushmaster 2 piece for the carbines?  It snaps into place of the plastic handguards, but is it sturdy?  will it retain zero?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Bro

My CAR length troy mrf rail is awsome , i am very happy with it, also no play , and an uninterupted top rail to mount optics on...the thing took 5 minutes to put on  and it comes with 3 tango down rail panels  for 250 its a steal

build quality is awsome

Hanna
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top