Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/3/2004 2:16:34 PM EDT
What kind of bipods can I put on picatinny rails? How will these interfere with handling the rifle (won't a bipod get in the way of holding the handguards?)?
I guess having a vertical foregrip would prevent the bipod from getting in the way, right?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:40:58 PM EDT
I have a harris ultralight mounted with a Yankee Hill bipod mount on my SIR. I'm going to shoot it for the 1st time on Wed. I can let you know how it works. I dont leave the bipod and mount on there all the time. Just when going to shoot it that way.

-Hershey
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:52:30 PM EDT
ARMS makes a sweet throw-lever mount (ARMS #32) that clamps directly to the lower rail . I have one on my Harris bipod. Nice setup. Attach or remove in about 3 seconds.

If interested, contact "Wes" at www.MSTN.com. He'll fix you up.

CMOS
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:26:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/4/2004 4:31:28 PM EDT by Fenian]
If you have a quad rail front end, you can easily keep an ARMS mounted short Harris style bipod on a carbine length rail, and have enough room to keep the vertical grip mounted at the same time...if you move the grip towards the mag well a little. I have that setup up now, and it works fine.

BTW, what's being passed off as the ARMS #32 is really the #17 Tri Loc mount...but it works great with the Harris bipod. (At least the one I got says "#17 Tri lock on it...even though the bag said #32. I went to the ARMS website, and they don't list a #32, fwiw). Anyway, I've seen it for $20 less than the "#32". Cal's Sporting Armory has it for $69.
Top Top