Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/1/2011 12:06:18 PM EDT
My first post. I'm building up a new stock Stag 3 with various add ons (CAA grip, UTG recoil pad, Spikes fore grip, YHM BUIS, Truglo red dot, Magpul MS2 sling, ASAP and front rail angled  attachment point, BAD lever). I mounted the YHM inline BUIS w/the front sight on the Diamond Head Versa rail. After much 'sighting in' from 25 and 50 yds I discovered the rail wasn't inline with the upper. Customer service said I could rotate the barrel nut slightly (using the proper wrench) to get the rail in line, but recommended mounting the front sight on the gas block after adding a riser block. It seems a one piece rail height block is cleaner although more $.

Suggestions on blocks vs risers, etc? I've surfed all over and can only find a couple choices and would like to know if there are others, or what the 'best' option might be.

Stag claims that mounting any sight on a free floating rail is a bad idea when accuracy and repeatability are desired. I also want  the BUIS to cowitness w/a Truglo red dot. I must say the Diamond Head seems very stable for a free floating rail.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure the diamondhead versa is not a free floating rail and will not be repeatable (and not surprising that it isn't true to the action)

eta:  your options are to get a free floating rail and use the sights you have, get a new gas block height front sight and use the handguards you have and sell the front sight
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top